Author Topic: Went to my first counciltation and need some help  (Read 4097 times)

Offline Nipanther

Well, This is my first post on the boards I have been reading for some time and I finally went and scheduled a free councilatation with a surgeon in my area. He told me that he would need to remove the gland/fat/and excess skin. I was kind of worried about his approach. He wants to basically make a 1-2 inch cut all the way around my nipple then stitch it back together. He said that it would leave a big scar all the way around the nipple. And the scar would get bigger with time. They quoted me at 7200.00 for the whole thing. He said the surgery would last 3 and half hours. Usually they said it costed between 4200-5800 for this surgery.

I was wondering if anyone sees problems with this approach or have had excess skin removed and can tell me what their ps did and post some after op pics.

Whatever anyone can post would be great.

Offline rcbrown23

Describe your case a little more...

Are you really overweight? Is this an extreme case of gyne?

These should be the only cases where a doctor should have to cut and then  sew the nipple back in place, and honestly, they really don't turn out very well. Who did you see? make sure it's someone that knows what they are doing. Name the city your in and maybe someone else around here knows of a good doc.

-Brown

P.S. whatever you do, don't schedule ANYTHING else with this guy without a second consultation with another doctor.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 08:26:52 AM by rcbrown23 »

Offline hypo

Nothing to do with me, but i'll clap.

Superb advice.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 12:55:31 PM by hypo »

Offline Nipanther

Well, I am overweight but not to an extreme case. In 2002 i was a senior in HS and I was 6'0 228lbs and had 14% bodyfat and most of it was in my chest. Now im around 255lbs. My chest is big. I will try to post a pic of me with just a tee on so you guys can see, cause i never have any pics of me without one on me. Heres a site to see one of me (http://hometown.aol.com/nipanther55/myhomepage/profile.html) I live in N Sioux City South Dakota. Its basically next to Sioux City Ia. I went to see Dr. Powers at 2800 Pierce St. Suite 406, Sioux City Ia. He said if he takes out the gland and fat that there would be a big pocket there on the outside of my breasts. He said I have great pectrorial muscles.

If anyone has had this procedure done where they have needed skin reduction, pls post on what they did and how it looks now.

Offline Nipanther

Heres a person I researched on that has a very similar case like me. And looks a lot like my chest, but mine is a little bigger from lifting weights. (http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/shortscar_male_breast_lift.html)

When I lift weights like bench I feel like my chest just gets bigger and bigger. So I am just doing toning exercises as of right now.

Offline rcbrown23

I looked at the pics in Bermants site. Do you have the "breasts" that sort of hang down like that?

If that is the case...It will be a tough operation, but it can be done, in my opinion without cutting and sewing the nipple back on. You really need to talk to someone like Dr. Bermant. He seems to be the doctor with the most experience on the subject.

I would suggest posting pictures and getting feedback from us that way...it can be really helpfull, especially since we don't have a clear understanding of your case yet.

-Brown

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it would probably be best to post some pics.  it is possible to get a little areolar reduction naturally post-op, in which case a semicircular cut would do for basic excision purposes.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 04:23:20 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Spleen

You're not obese.  What that doc recommended sounds a bit extreme to me but for a very extraordinary case.  I've seen a couple pix of where docs have cut around the nipple in the way you described.  In each case the patient had large, droopy very femal-looking breasts and the results, while an improvement, weren't pretty.  Get a second opinion.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024