Author Topic: It's growing back! tamoxifen vs. arimidex?  (Read 5286 times)

Offline rcbrown23

OK... this is rediculous. It's been six months since my op, and it's growing back. My testosterone = 442 nd/dl, and estradiol = 45.

I realize it's not the ideal ratio... but it is within "normal" ranges. How could it cause growth?? others say thier estrogen has to reach 75 or so before breast growth. What the F@ck?

I'm not going to let it grow back. I've got a bottle of 6 oxo that I will start taking if I can't get arimidex or tamoxifen in time.

I can't afford an endo right now, as I don't have any insurance. I've found a way to obtain arimidex or tamoxifen without a prescription... so I'm going to get it.

The tamoxifen is MUCH cheaper, but I've heard arimidex is the way to go. I'm already on zinc and DIM, and it's helped... but obviously not enough. I need a stronger med. I hate to "self-medicate" but I don't have a choice at this point. It's either that, or I let it grow back and spend another $5000 on the op. Fukk that. Fukk estrogen. Fukk gyne.

Any advice/help/info much appreciated. Arimidex or tamoxifen. (arimidex would cost me $200 every 60 days. tamoxifen = $65 every 3-4months.)

-brown *frustrated*

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
OK... this is rediculous. It's been six months since my op, and it's growing back.

-brown *frustrated*

Brown....

:o  I'ts growing back....  :o

That really sux Dude! :-/

I'm really sorry to hear that!

Yeah, Dr. Bermant has mentioned that it 'can' grow back...

John.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 09:42:38 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline BringExtraDragons

• Bronze Member
  • Sometimes you get so alone it just makes sense.

Growing back? shit, for a post op I bet the idea of Gyne coming back is more dooming than the damn Avian bird flu. Kidding, Anyway I don't have much advice when it comes to those two kinds of medications ( sorry ) , but I just now checked your picks and I noticed how freakin good your results were. Have you taken any recent pictures of the gyne trying to puff back out? I've heard of many bad post op experiences. It seems a lot of those people experienced Puffy nipples again, even after glandular tissue was removed. What exactly have you noticed ? do you actually notice considerable size difference?

Offline rcbrown23

No. there is no size difference, YET.  The gland was removed... and it was great for six months, and suddenly I can feel some "activity". It is sore and when thier errect, I feel a very tiny area of tough tissue that was not there bofore. It's not near the point of causing them to stick out or anything... but I assume it's not too far down the road, unless I stop it.

I'm not worried about it coming back in full... I know how to stop it... it's just expensive. I am 100% sure that arimidex would put an imediate stop in the "activity"... but agian, it's very expensive and I don't have any insurance.

It almost feels like it's trying to grow... but there isn't anything for it to latch onto. Like to gland was removed, and now it's just somewhat painful.

So be it.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Brown.  You've got to find a way to come up with the money to see an endo.

I'd think, if you can pay for travel expenses to go from Dallas to see Bermant, you can somehow get the $$ for an endo.  What do your parents say?

Offline rcbrown23

I'm 26 years old... and parents are out of the picture. I've already seen and endo (8 months ago) and I was not impressed with his advice. I spent $1300 for the tests and visit, and didn't agree with his methods for correction.

I started taking DIM and Zinc, and felt awesome... but it seems that I've somehow grown a tolerance for the DIM. When I started, I was taking a half of a pill a day (1/4 morning - 1/4 night), and I could just tell it was working. I'm now up to about two to three pills a day, and it's getting worse. I can tell by how well I sleep, among other things I've learned to interpret.

I've been through two ops now, and I'm over ten grand in debt. I really cannot afford another couple grand right now. I've been working hard to get out of debt.

My plan is this: start self-medication with arimidex at a very low dosage, and continue with the zinc and DIM. Within a year, I assume I'll have a job that includes health benifits. At that time I'll go see another endo and get the problem solved correctly. I am a freelance video editor righht now, and although I do alright with money, the insurance I have would only cover 15% or so, and I can't afford the rest.

Still looking for info on the meds... keep 'em coming.

JC. thanks for the advice, and I know that's the logical thing to do. However, I'm just not in that position at the moment. I'm sure you can understand my frustration here. I totally remember talking to you in the past when I was a "regular" on these boards.

-brown

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024