Author Topic: Today  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Getthejobdone

• Posting Member
Hi all,

Just a short mail (for now) to say that I had my surgery this morning! There is a tremendous sense of relief, it is almost exhilarating. I just want to get the point across to anyone reading this and considering getting it done, but is too apprehensive to go further, please, please, please just go ahead with it. It is NOT as bad as you think. I will write more about this in my next post. I have suffered from this since childhood. I had a grade 4, which is 1 level away from the most extreme. It has cost me some much anguish over the years. I never took up swimming or  walked on a beach shirtless. Again I will write more about this in my next mail. I have a story to tell and I'd like to share it with you. I can't believe I have a flat chest after all my years of struggle with this. Good luck to one and all.

Offline Getthejobdone

• Posting Member
Leaving hospital today. Surgeon came and took off bandage. He showed me the result. Unbelievable! I just can't take it all in yet. I am very pleased and it is not even taken its final shape yet. He told me that there was a total weight of 3 lbs removed!! That should give you some indication as to what has plagued me for almost 40 years. When I get home and rest and feel a little less tired, I will write more in depth about my experience. If my posts can encourage anyone who is sitting on the fence regarding dealing with this issue - then I'll be a happy man. Get the right surgeon and you will NOT regret it. Remove all fear by remembering how great you'll feel when it's done.

Offline Jaku

• Posting Member
Congratulations GTJD!  I know that was a big decision, big step and now big relief.  I am glad you are pleased with the results, that's important.  With the enthusiasm you display, I am sure you will inspire a few to do what they have been considering for some time.  

Offline Getthejobdone

• Posting Member
Thanks Jaku. That's my only aim. Don't leave it as long as I did. There is nothing to fear. I can't imagine what it will be like later this year when I go to the swimming pool with my t shirt OFF! Seriously guys, do it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024