Author Topic: yabb gold forum program  (Read 5021 times)

kicka

Hi there im quiete new here

i see you can use the program for free that this board uses id like to set my own forum up can any 1 advise me as to how id go about it?
1 step at a time please and il come back discuss it (if its complicated|)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 07:56:49 PM by kicka »

Offline Round_1

• Posting Member
Requirements

1. The first thing you need is a website host that supports Perl. Hosts like Tripod, AngelFire, and Geocities generally do not. For a list of hosts that do, check the YaBB Chat and Support Community. Most hosts' FAQ pages will say if they do or do not.
  2. So now that you've got a host, you'll need to get an FTP client. FTP clients allow you to connect to the FTP server that your host provides. Through the FTP server, you will install YaBB. For Windows users, we recommend the free, open source FileZilla or WS_FTP. For a comparison list of FTP clients, please view this Wikipedia article or similar sites to download a client for your system.
  3. Now that you have an FTP client, the only thing left to learn about is chmod. Chmod (change mode) is a process that only Unix, Linux, and other *nix web hosts support; if your host doesn't say it's a Windows host, then it's probably one of those. This sets permissions on files. These permissions include reading, writing, and executing. You use your ftp client to chmod, and how you do so in every client is different. In many of them, all you have to do is right-click on a file, select "Chmod" or "Set Permissions," and then input the chmod number or choose the proper check boxes. Simple.
  4. Verify that you have the following: FTP client, web hosting account, Perl on the web host, 1mb+ free disk space on your web hosting account, an email server(such as SMTP) or sendmail on your web host, a text editor, and a web browser.
"I've noticed that many people seem to fall into 3 categories; 1) people who have true gyno and have suffered psychological from it.  2) people who suffer from psuedo-gyno (the majority) and suffered"

kicka

thank you very much i will use that info to learn alitle more cheers for the reply ive copyed it and saved it on my hardrive for reference

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024