Author Topic: "Fit" of different clothes.  (Read 754 times)

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
In a rather unfortunate development at the day-center I attend, tanks and T-shirts will no longer be allowed for me. New dress code requires more conservative attire. 

That sent me shopping again, and as requested I did try the "men's" section. A SA was happy to assist me in selecting many wonderful styles of button-up shirts, and the largest sizes they carried. She then asked if my "husband" was here to try them on, so I was forced to tell her they were for me. 

With an armful of shirts I proceeded to the dressing room. 
Not a single one of them would button up over my chest, and I remind you they were the largest sizes they carried. 

It seems men's t shirts and polos will stretch over without much of a problem at all, but the fabrics on button-up shirts are unforgiving. 

Blouses are taper cut to allow for hips, and designed to incorporate breasts with the use of breasts darts or minor pleating to add extra room. They are designed to fit our curves. 

As requested, I tried the men's department and found nothing. 
I settled in ordering 3 blouses in my size instead. 

Some of us will get to the point that men's clothes just don't fit us properly or not at all. 

When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Justagirl💃

Well, to keep the upper management happy at the day-center I am wearing a black and baggy button-up blouse today. No lip gloss, but I am wearing shorts.

I'll slip into a nice tank top when I get home this afternoon.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 09:49:32 AM by Justagirl »

Offline Justagirl💃

Well, to keep the upper management happy at the day-center I am wearing a black and baggy button-up blouse today. No lip gloss, but I am wearing shorts.

I'll slip into a nice tank top when I get home this afternoon.
I was told by the boss lady here that I am doing fine.
She understands that hiding them completely is not possible, but I should be do everything possible to conceal them while at the center.

She also mentioned my bib overalls as the hot weather subsides. I had to tell her I don't own them anymore.
So she suggested vests and layers, also revisiting compression vests.

I'm surprised they believe they can tell me how to dress and require concealment. 🙄

Offline Charli 💕

• Bronze Member
I would bet if you ask them to put that in writing they would back down because they know they're violating your constitutional rights! And all the b******* they want to say about a private company is just that b*******. But I know you don't want to push it too far but perhaps they're pushing it and they need to be pushed back.

Charli 💕

Offline Justagirl💃

I would bet if you ask them to put that in writing they would back down because they know they're violating your constitutional rights! And all the b******* they want to say about a private company is just that b*******. But I know you don't want to push it too far but perhaps they're pushing it and they need to be pushed back.

Charli 💕
They are hoping I get fed up and leave is what I think they are doing. 

I am following the "written" dress code to the 'T' (recently revised). 
Everything else is being ignored. 

If they removed me from the program, they better have a good attorney. 

Offline Charli 💕

• Bronze Member

Charli 💕

I should not tell you how to handle things that would affect your life. But it is just wrong for them to try this crap! No one should have to live being told which shirt they can wear! Do the other old men with big breasts have this dress code enforced on them? I bet not.

I am not the type to put up with this BULLSHIT! I would have contacted every group to bring down HELL on them! This is a human rights issue!

I lived in Texas for several years and know that they have groups just begging for places to protest! 

Offline Justagirl💃

Charli 💕

I should not tell you how to handle things that would affect your life. But it is just wrong for them to try this crap! No one should have to live being told which shirt they can wear! Do the other old men with big breasts have this dress code enforced on them? I bet not.

I am not the type to put up with this BULLSHIT! I would have contacted every group to bring down HELL on them! This is a human rights issue!

I lived in Texas for several years and know that they have groups just begging for places to protest!
They have an advantage over me in the fact that I can't get equal health coverage without moving. 
I really don't want to have to move, so I just need to follow the dress code and call it good. 

So far, recommendations about layering and compression vests have been recommended and not required. I can therefore ignore those. 

The "conservative shirts" is in the new dress code, and is easy enough to follow. I have two button-ups with three more on the way. 

Under the care of a cardiologist is the wrong time to rock the boat. 

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
We all think that we have certain rights. In the end...we don’t.
Justice is a two tiered system anymore. Unfortunately the vast majority of us are at the bottom of that system.
Like George Carlin once said....it’s a big club...and we ain’t in it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 10:09:53 PM by Gotboobs »

Offline gotgyne

I'll slip into a nice tank top when I get home this afternoon.
I was told by the boss lady here that I am doing fine.
She understands that hiding them completely is not possible, but I should be do everything possible to conceal them while at the center.

She also mentioned my bib overalls as the hot weather subsides. I had to tell her I don't own them anymore.
So she suggested vests and layers, also revisiting compression vests.

I'm surprised they believe they can tell me how to dress and require concealment. 🙄

In my opinion it's not the business of a medical center to dictate rules how to dress. And especially religion (you wrote they're Baptists?) is no criterion for any kind of dresscode.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Justagirl💃

I absolutely agree, but I need their services and I can't obtain them anywhere else in my city. 😐

Offline Justagirl💃

Top of the morning to y'all!

Yesterday was quite uneventful which was a blessing. 
My very "conservative attire" seems to have calmed the waters, even though it's still off the women's rack.
My tanks and T's will be for around the house or out shopping, I won't ever be wearing them to the day-center. 
Seems some of the employees are rather upset that upper management came down hard on me and voiced their opinions about it, but other than that it's business as usual. 

I have serious swelling in just one leg and have been requesting to have my doctor take a look at it, but the nurse has refuse access saying it's just too much salt intake. 
It's very painful so I contacted my doctor friend that used to see me prior. 
In my older records I have had five DVT's in that leg and have a history of PVD. 
He seems to think an ultrasound is in order to rule out a new blood clot. 
I told him I'm not going to get past the nurse that has already made her diagnosis, so it's not going to happen. 
He suggested mentioning it to the cardiologist instead so as to get the ball rolling. It's important because those blood clots are quite dangerous. I think I see my cardiologist next week. 

Other than that, not much new to report

Offline gotgyne

I absolutely agree, but I need their services and I can't obtain them anywhere else in my city. 😐
Well, then there is no choice.

Offline gotgyne

Hello Birdie,
you're right. Deep vein thromboses are always very dangerous since they can cause a pulmonary embolism which can be fatal. I too had some DVTs but fortunately no PEs. Nevertheless both of my legs are a mess meanwhile and I can't do much without my thigh high compression stockings or pantyhose. I'm wearing them for 35 years now, more than half of my life.
Get an ultrasound as soon as possible or at least a D-dimer blood test. Waiting until next week for the cardiologist may be too late.

Offline Justagirl💃

Hello Birdie,
you're right. Deep vein thromboses are always very dangerous since they can cause a pulmonary embolism which can be fatal. I too had some DVTs but fortunately no PEs. Nevertheless both of my legs are a mess meanwhile and I can't do much without my thigh high compression stockings or pantyhose. I'm wearing them for 35 years now, more than half of my life.
Get an ultrasound as soon as possible or at least a D-dimer blood test. Waiting until next week for the cardiologist may be too late.
I also have been in compression stockings for years now. 😉

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024