Author Topic: Saw Palmetto and Gyne  (Read 6755 times)

Offline Ricky1965

• Posting Member
I understand that Saw Palmetto works a lot like propecia minus some of the side effects, but it does still have an effect on your hormone balance.  Anyone have any insight as to whether or not it can or is known to cause gynecomastia?

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Ricky i took that product along with beta sisterol, green tea extract and 100% believe that caused my gyne. I actually took these tablets as a natural substitute to propecia and had read on a hairloss forum that they didnt have any of the nasty side effects asosiated with propeica. Well i can confirm that in my case they did.

I took the products for two weeks and then quit completely and started taking anti estorogens to try and combat the effects that they had, with no luck.

I had actually ordered propecia from an online pharmacy and was planning to take that instead of naturals, but it said it was goin to take 3 weeks to arrive, so i therefore gave the naturals a go. At least with propecia you have a 1mg dose that is recommened, naturals are all guess work. I suspect all the people who take naturals with success probably arent prone to gynecomastia ayway.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Prescription drugs such as Propecia are many times stronger than the natural herbs or even the herbal extracts.

If your hormones were near borderline, I suppose the Herbals might be able to cause your problem.  I do not believe that the Herbals are strong enough to have much effect on a person with otherwise normal hormones.

Your condition warrants seeing an Endocrinologist.

We hear from many men who have had undesired results with propecia.  and I'm sure there are many who would be interested in reading about your experience.
Grandpa Dan

Offline brm

• Bronze Member
I agree with Paw paw. herbal products are much less strong than synthetic meds. i've  been on propecia for 7 years and developped gyno when  I started to take Avodart in addition. The only way to minimize the risks o f gyno is to take a little quantity of antiestrogenes.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Seems to be the general opinion that herbs cant cause gyne. Was i that unlucky then that it hasnt happened to anybody else? Saw Palmetto is also a main ingrident in womens natural breast enhancement pills. I would have thought that if you are prone to gyne ad you lower your dht, you will get it with herbs or propeica. If you dont have the gyne tendencies then you may be ok. I think long term use of any product though will greatly enhance you chances of gyne.

Offline Ricky1965

• Posting Member
Propecia I would say is far more dangerous than saw palmetto though.  Let's remember that the FDA and doctors work together to discredit natural remedies so they can MAKE MONEY.  It's all about the money after all.  Propecia is a synthetically made chemical toxin.  Saw palmetto on the other hand has shown to be not only good for the prostate but also might be able to regrow hair, or at least keep what you have.  Either way, my concern is the fact that it might change hormone balance.  ANYTHING you eat though can also change hormone balance, like the antibiotic pumped hormone charged that is widely sold and consumed.  It makes me wonder if some of the genetic modding and additives they put in food could have some effect on gyne?

Offline brm

• Bronze Member
Ricky 1965, I don't believe propecia  is a toxin. It is finasteride,  that is, as ethymology points it, more or less the same molecule as the one you find in phytosterols, which sawpalmetto is.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024