Author Topic: Skipping a night with the compression vest  (Read 2701 times)

Offline lklpp1

• Posting Member
Hey all, I'm 18 and finally gyne-free. I had my lipo & excision done this Tuesday, and I'm doing very well. Little to no swelling on the left side, minor swelling on the right. No pain, and fluid has stopped draining by this morning. I've been wearing the compression vest 24/7 since then.

My doc (Dr. Baxt of Baxt Cosmedical in NJ) had a really liberal attitude about the compression and about working out ("get back in the gym when you feel ready," "when you're sick of the vest, you can stop wearing it"). I'd like to go out this weekend and not have to worry about the creepy outline of the vest under my shirt for one night. The embarrassment from that exceeds the embarrassment I had from my admittedly minor case of gynecomastia.

Considering my quick recovery and doctor's opinion, you think 12 hours without the vest this early in the post-op recovery would be a terrible idea? Or maybe I could wear a compression undershirt (Under Armor style, http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1874624&cp=&pg=3&origkw=compression&kw=compression&parentPage=search ) instead, and go back to the vest at home?

Thanks a lot.

Offline lklpp1

• Posting Member
Alright.

My doctor said it's alright to go out for a night without it. But I just bought a sleeveless Under Armor compression shirt, and it definitely does the trick until I come home and put on the compression vest. I'd recommend it for people going out in public while in this post-op recovery stage.

Good luck everyone and peace.

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
hi, where did you buy the vest?

Offline lklpp1

• Posting Member
I bought the compression vest at a local medical supply store. The Under Armor compression shirt was at Sports Authority. You could probably find it at a Foot Locker or something along those lines.

Peace.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024