Author Topic: Scared/Excited  (Read 2288 times)

UnhappyWithBody

Hi Everyone,
   Thanks to the many positive outcomes of other people on this forum I finally plucked up the courage to talk to a GP about my Gyne.  She told me she wasn't an expert on the subject but agreed there was something not quite right and told me she would refer me to a surgeon.  Couple of months passed and I got a letter telling me to make an appointment with the surgeon at the local hospital, did that and last week I had my meeting with him.  In a very brief meeting with the consultant (lasted no more than 5minutes) he took a look and told me that he would do the surgery and that I will be put on the NHS waiting list. He told me about the surgery and where they will cut and what they will do, said he will take out some fat and some gland but not too much to make sure it doesn't look deformed.  He didn't seemed phased by it at all and made me feel like he had done this operation many times before.

Now I am kinda in two minds about all of this, obviously I am pleased that I know it isn't in my head and there is possibly a way out.  But at the same time I am scared as obviously it could go wrong and look worse than it did to begin with.  I am not sure why I am posting this on here, I guess I am looking for some reassurance that the operation is the best way forward.  I am a student and as such still live at home when not at uni and my parents do not know about any of this so it means I will need to find a way to tell them.

Well that is my story so far, thank you to everyone on here.

UhWb

Offline TommyA

• Posting Member
Tell them you need to go into hospital to have a minor operation to have a cyst removed from under your arm that might be a way of telling them you are having a minor surgical procedure (in that area) without actually all the embarrassment etc

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024