Author Topic: HRH Surgery (Now DONE!) Pics included  (Read 8414 times)

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
Hi guys

Just to let you know - I am booked in for surgery in the UK tomorrow. I will release details of where and when when I return :) Gotta go pack my bag!

Oh yeah, Gyne "before pics" below

:)

Normal "warm" (poolside stylee! :(!!)

Side view Normal

And "pinched/cold" - but still not looking too great!!

What u reckon guys?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 12:21:36 PM by KrisJ »

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
all i can say is best of luck :) im sure everything will be fine for you :)

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
cheers dude! I'm getting pretty nervous now like!

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
well mine was pain free, easy, smooth simple. I was nervous too, but everything turned out just fine.

Yours will be too :) These surgeories are so common these days, and there should be no problems what so ever, best of luck. Keep us updated with post op pics etc, and let us know how it feels like to live the rest of your life a free man :)

best of luck

xxx

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
yeah i think it's more nervoust that they wont do the excision, just lipo - the doc was talking about that last time, but he's not the surgeon so i guess as long as i make it clear what i need - classic puffy nips, not that much fat there IMO!

however if he does both that would be great :D when did you get yours done?

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
i got mine done just over 6 weeks ago. i strongly reccomment getting exision of the gland as well, thats what i had done, and its really worked!

here are some pre op/post op pics:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,10082.0.html

good luck

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
awesome dude you've got a decent slim bod, you'll look fucking immense after surgery, damn I'm really happy for you / jealous lol!

Offline Punta

• Bronze Member
Kris,

Good luck dude. Have a chat prior to going in about gland excision. I have no doubt you will be happier than just lipo alone.

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
Hey guys! So I'm back! got back about 2 hours ago! just been having a chat with my girlfriend who isn't able to see me until tomorrow as she's over in Florida. Okay for some eh!

Anyway I was admitted yesterday at around 10am at HR Haslar, a combined Military/NHS hospital. I arrived there and was told my surgery wouldnt be until today! So I had to go and get a block and stay there for the night (Armed Forces put me up in barrack blocks....oh the beauty of Her Majesty!) Poor room to say the least, but it would do for the day, I didnt want to drive back up to the midlands as it is a 3 1/2 hr drive each way.  So I rested for a bit and then got a call at about 1130 from MPAC (Military Personnel Admin) and one of the admin clerks there told me that there was a cancellation and now I could be fitted in there and then.  Luckily I hadn't eaten anything still so was ok for Op.  I went back to the main hospital, and had my blood pressure taken, and some questions about health asked!

Shortly after I was given my own bedspace on the ward and told to change into the gowns they provided. I did this and then relaxed (or tried to! fell asleep a little but was dead nervous!).  At around about 2:15 pm the anaesthetist came and had a chat asking some medical questions and then asked me the all important "do you have any questions".  I tols him that I'd like a chat with the surgeon before I go into the land of nod and he said "of course, he's actually on his way to see you :)" which made me feel so much more at ease.  At this point I was still under the impression that I was only going to get lypo, which as you can tell by the pics, I dont think would have solved a lot. 

Anyway so the surgeon came over and was very friendly.  He asked me If I knew what was going to happen - he was very discreet which was a nice feeling and it made me feel comfortable.  Some doctors (like the consultant who had a young trainee female present to look at my problem - fucking idiot) don't take into consideration your feelings as much, but the surgeon was great. 

I asked him how many Gynaecomastia patients he's had and he said "you'd be surprised we get more and more recently, I think people are beginning to accept it cant be dealt with by going to the gym al the time" (quote boobs-no-more! you were right about their experience m8!)  This lead me onto the question about excision. He explained that he was going to perform both lypo AND excision (cue a big grin from me!) because it had a great success rate and reduces the chance of having to come back for more surgery. Once he said that I felt all warm and happy that I was going to get Gynaecomastia treatment, and not fat reducing treatment, which I have to say, I dont think would have worked on its own, or at least not for long, given the underlying problem.

About half an hour later i was called through into surgery, where I sat in the pre-op seats and spoke with the surgeon.  After this I was talking with a lady who was fitting my needle to my arm and (cheeky!) the anaesthetic. I was talking about my job with her and then next thing I knew, boom! Out like a light and then... I was awake! all done.  Felt like ten minutes! 

I was then wheeled back through to the ward and onto my bed where i spent an hour or so recovering and drinking lots of water.  didnt realy have any pain in my chest, and was fitted with a compression vest (which is the tubigrip type - crap, so i'm glad i have 2 underworks ones, cant reccomend them enough for support and tightness!).  I stayed up a bit then, watched tv, and then drowsed off quite late after a chat with the mrs.

This morning hurt a little more, but not excrutiating, just like a heavy gym session around my chest and up to my neck/down to my *cough* four pack.  I was discharged by lunchtime and given 50mg Voltarol and shed loads of paracetamol. only used the volts so far and it seems to be surpressing the pain aswell as being the anti-inmflammatry.

I know what you all wanna see! I cant yet though - gotta keep the bandage on until next thursday - i've had a sneaky peek and i am so far very impressed - though I cant see my nipples through the tape they are flat as a pancake! 8) all good!

Anyway more to come in the coming days/weeks!

here is what i've been told -

3x Volts a day - anti inflam/pain killer
1 week with badage plus comp vest - then i go back to have it removed & check-ups to be carried out
3 weeks with comp vest 24/7
2 weeks with comp vest at night only

Can't bloody wait!

:D one slightly in pain but HAPPY HAPPY GUY!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 12:26:42 PM by KrisJ »

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
shit man, ur nipples totally flat when u look down?! Christ man I can't describe my jealousy.

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
yeah theyre looking pretty flat! could just be the tape but generally looking v good.  I think its definately a good idea for me to keep the vest on as long as physically possible because I don't want the skin to start sagging - they took 250grams from each side inclusive of glands.

Turning, I read about your story, hows things with the loan?

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
yeah theyre looking pretty flat! could just be the tape but generally looking v good.  I think its definately a good idea for me to keep the vest on as long as physically possible because I don't want the skin to start sagging - they took 250grams from each side inclusive of glands.

Turning, I read about your story, hows things with the loan?
Oh yer tis fine man, just a student loan which I have'nt touched. It's destiny looks fairly likely now lol, unless the NHS will reach into their back pockets and pull out some shrapnel.

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
It's about time it got noticed as a condition more than as a cosmetic adjustment eh  :-\

well, good luck either way! wold you consider stravelling abroad for treatment?

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
It's about time it got noticed as a condition more than as a cosmetic adjustment eh  :-\

well, good luck either way! wold you consider stravelling abroad for treatment?

did u gets urs done for free in the UK? Cos I might too.
I don't know about going abroad, that would be really exciting though.

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
wow kris, sorry for my late reply!

very happy for you, it seems it all went well! :D :)

just one thing, the day of my surgeory when i had my first look, it looked really flat :D however, over night it kind of swelled a bit, so dont be surprised if they look a little big for the next few weeks, it will go down!

congratulations and I cant wait for the pictures :)

Regards, rick

xxxxxxxxxxx

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024