Author Topic: GP at Uni?  (Read 1772 times)

UnhappyWithBody

I live in Somerset but go to university in South Wales, is it possible for me to see a GP in Wales without having to transfer or something from home?  I am not really clued up on all this but would prefer not to see the family GP in Somerset about my gyne.  Can I schedule an appointment with a GP in Wales and then hopefully have the surgery in Wales?  thanks guys, I need to get this sorted as it is ruining my life!!

UhB

Offline Baabaa

• Posting Member
Transferring is really, really easy. Go into your uni GP in Wales and tell them you "want to transfer from your home GP in Somerset" (they will have done this a million times, for almost every student at university there). You will have to fill out a little form with your old GPs address on it (I had little idea what mine was, I made a guess and it worked out fine).

The transfer will be done in a few days electronically, but normally you don't even have to wait, you can see the uni GP straight away if you insist.

No one in Somerset ever needs to know. Your GP in Somerset will know that you are transferring to a South Wales practise though, but that's all.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 09:38:12 PM by Baabaa »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024