Author Topic: Anxiously Awaiting my Surgery  (Read 2513 times)

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
So it took me about 3 years to finally build up the courage to tell my parents that I have gynecomastia. They were very supportive of me and although they mad eit clear that they love me regardless they somewhat understood why I wanted surgery and they even offered to pay for it since it was finances was the only reason I haven't had it done sooner. I'm going in on 2/5 to have the procedure. I live in NYC and am having it done here. The cost is $7900 which seems very in comparison to other esitimates I got, but I'm having my nipples fixed as well (they always stuck out a bit) and apparently Dr. Jacobs specializes in this surgery. I came to this forum to ask a few questions. I'm going the end of this week to pick up all my pre-op paperwork. The surgical nurse stated that I need to get a physical and bloodwork done prior to my surgery which I'm not certain why because I'm a healthy 26 year old. Anyone know why this is? Also, anyone have suggestions that I should be sure to do for my pre and post operation? Thanks!!

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
How did you like Dr. Jacobs work?

I have a consult with him coming up, and I was interested in hearing from one of his patients.

Any feedback?  Are you happy?

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
I'm only 10 days post op, but I'm very happy. Apparently my case was a bit tougher than normal because I had quite a bit of breast tissue on my right side, but It looks great!! He's a really nice guy and his staff is very helpful. I guess he was a bit expensive in comparison to others (mine was 8K) , but I'm very happy with my results so I don't mind spending the money. He does about 8 of these a week so his experience surpasses anyone else I consulted with, plus for me since I live in the city his office is right on 75th and Park and he does his procesdure right there in his surgical suite. I'm going back for another follow up visit next week and I'm getting a copy of my pre-op pics so I'll post my before and afters as soon as I have them. My girlfriend says that I look like a totally different person and she can't wait for me to only wear one t-shirt at a time.

Offline what2do?

• Silver Member
congrats, do you have any before / after pics ?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024