Author Topic: Starting Exercise  (Read 2989 times)

Offline sydneyc

• Posting Member
OK, so op now done - all coming along well. But can people give me their opinions on when to start light aerobic exercise? And then slightly heavier exercise?

I am assuming about 1 month before any light exercise and then 6 weeks for more stuff?

I can't talk to Mr Levick at the moment as he is on holiday, so any other post-op people, I'd be grateful for the info'..

SC

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
I started cardio after 10 days, light weights after 4 weeks and built up weight every week after.  Was back to full weight after about 6-7 weeks.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Percy

• Posting Member
Cardio after 4 weeks, to the day.  Weights after 6 weeks.  Started slowly mainly because I have got a bit out of shape, but now exercising more than I have ever in my life with only the usual muscle aches and no problems relating to the operation.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
I have scar tissue on my chest, not a lot, but its still there.....what are your experiences of weight training your chest in the presence of scar tissue?

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Chest can be a little tender with scar tissue a day after or so, but nothing to write home about.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Im off for a light chest workout today...hope it doesnt upset the healing process in any way....!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024