Author Topic: Early stages  (Read 5915 times)

Offline onesummer

• Posting Member
What's up fellas,

I've wanted surgery for my gyno ever since I realized I had gyno in high school.  I have a muscular build which almost hides it when wearing loose clothing, but to this day, I've never taken off my shirt in front of friends and haven't gone to the beach in ages- such a bummer.  Well I'm finally home and out of college, and I'm ready to start looking for a good surgeon in the area.  I'm sitting on about $3k in the bank, so I'll need to finance the procedure.  However, I only work part time at the moment as I study for various certifications in my field.  That being said, do you guys think it's possible to be approved by Capital One or Carecredit, even if I have a low income part-time job currently?

On a similar note of concern, one of the surgery offices I emailed contacted me back today saying that the procedure costs between $10,000 and $15,000... I really hope it's not like that everywhere around here (North Jersey).  Can anyone recommend a quality and reasonably priced surgeon in the area?  Currently, I have a consultation scheduled with Peter Hyans in Summit, NJ.

Thanks a lot.

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Try Jacobs in NYC. Does more of these than just about anybody.

Highly touted on this board.

Not sure who quoted you 10K++, but that is the most I have heard.

8K is the highest I have seen.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Dr. Baxt in Paramus offers financing on his surgeries.  I got 12 month financing at 0%.

Offline onesummer

• Posting Member
raceoholic,

how were your results with Dr. Baxt?  I read somewhere that he does some kind of scarless gynecomastia procedure.  Any opinion on this versus the regular method?

I just scheduled a free consultation with Dr. Ganchi in Wayne, who appears to be very well-liked from what I've read.  Also, unlike the other offices I've called, Ganchi's office has gone the extra mile in actually trying to contact me promptly and making things easy. 

My biggest concern is still financing the procedure.  I've ordered a credit card.. but having no credit rating yet, the limit will be nowhere near what I need.  Any ideas???

...maybe my "economic stimulus" check will arrive just in time.  i'll believe it when i see it.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
No results yet. Ask me again in June.

I had my consult with him and he is a very nice man. As far as the scarless thing, he only needs to make an incision near the armpit and not at the nipple.  He uses a special cannula with a cutting tool at the end that "grinds up" the gland and then sucks it out. 

With the financing, he uses a company called Chase Financial. They do interest free financing.  I have a good credit score so they approved me for $11,000 interest free.  If you have no credit it will be harder to get a loan, but don't give up on trying to get one. 

I have no idea who quoted you that crazy price, but I can tell you that there are a lot of great doctors in the area that will do it for half that price.

Offline lesly1970

I am having my surgery with dr. baxt on the 17th of this month. his team  seams great and attentive. i do feel a bit nervous since i've never had surgery before.
gynecomastia surgery should not be more than 5k really.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Let us know how the surgery went.  I'd really like to know.

Offline lesly1970

will do.

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
For you guys headed to Baxt.....

I saw his youtube video and he seemed competent.

From what I understand he uses the same instruments that Dr. Jacobs uses in NYC.  In fact Dr. J designed those very tools.  My question is Dr. J will be the first to tell you they are not always effective enough in removing gland tissue to the extent needed.  Jacobs does in many cases still have to make and incision and remove the gland, does Baxt do that in some cases too or does he rely only on the special tool?  Hate to see you need a second operation if he does not get enough out.

I would also ask Baxt about how many he does a year.  I really don't know the answer to this, but he had several youtube videos for all types of plastic surgery.  While no one surgeon only does Gyne procedures, many do so few I was concerned about their experience with Gyne.  I never saw Baxt in person but some others in New Jersey seemed to have just do too few of these for my comfort level.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024