Author Topic: Two Things At Once  (Read 2957 times)

Offline User

• Bronze Member
I'll keep this short and to the point.

In 5th grade I noticed that my chest was bigger than the other boys, and around this time people started making fun of me about it.  Throughout middle school things got worse and worse, so that even the fat kids would make fun of my abnormally large breasts.  The teasing settled down by high school, but the worst was yet to come.

In 9th grade my parents, family, friends, teachers...basically everyone started pointing out that I was slouching a lot and that my back appeared to have a hump on it.  I shrugged it off, but eventually was forced to go to a doctor in 10th grade.  I was diagnosed with a skeletal disease called kyphosis (or roundback syndrome).  So instead of just having breasts, which can be surgically corrected, I also have a hump on my back.

My case of kyphosis is a bit severe for my age and the only cause I can think of is that I used to hunch over a lot to hide my chest, which in turn sped up the kyphosis.  Now I have to stand straight with my chest out, or else hunch over exposing another deformity and further causing my spine to curve.

It's like being trapped between a rock and a hard place.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 11:43:32 PM by User »
Surgery date: February 8, 2006

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
After you have gyne surgery (if that's your plan) I know they have a brace you can wear under your clothes that, depending on severity, may help make your back straight and get rid of that hump.

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
That sucks. I wonder why life is so unfair to some people.

Offline User

• Bronze Member
After you have gyne surgery (if that's your plan) I know they have a brace you can wear under your clothes that, depending on severity, may help make your back straight and get rid of that hump.

I've been doing bracing for two years going on three.  The doctors are generally pessimistic about whether I can correct the curve or not, so the only reason I'm wearing the brace it is to prevent the curve from getting worse.   If it corrects the curve, then I'll be happy but I've accepted my condition for the most part.  (I only have to wear the brace at night, which is a plus.)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024