Author Topic: Had the op today (added pics 1 week post-op).. added pics 5 weeks post-op  (Read 7292 times)

Offline onesummer

• Posting Member
Alright so it's finally over.. the procedure anyway.  I had it done by Dr. Ganchi in Wayne, NJ

I waited in a room for a while until the doc came in and doodled on my chest with a sharpie.  A little while later they gave me some valium and hooked me up to an IV and started pumping me with meds.  Soon thereafter I was taken to the surgical room where they strapped me in to a table with arms out like i was about to get crucified... I was gonna make a comment but BAM, i was waking up about an hour-and-change later.  I was semi-lucid... all i remember is seeing the doc put a second gauze pad on my left nip (which looked flat as hell!) and then strapping on the compression vest.  I caught a brief glimpse of two manboob glands chillin on the table along with a jar full of fat&blood from the lipo.  They guided me as i wobbled towards the recovery room (I felt like I'd been pounding gin&tonics or the previous 2 hours).  I took a little nap and before long they were taking the IV out and sending me on my way.  Right now I hardly feel any pain... the vest is so tight that i don't even feel like moving my arms around much, but when i do, my chest feels sore- very similar to the way it feels after a day of bench pressing.  I haven't had to take any pain killers yet but i'll probably pop one before i hit the sack tonight just cuz i paid for em and i hear percs are a good time.

Alright fellas there's my surgery experience..  really wasn't bad at all.  I get to take the vest off for the first time on Sunday to shower so maybe i'll try to take a couple snapshots so i can document the healing process.  I hope this was somewhat informative and I'll keep you all posted on the results!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 05:39:51 PM by onesummer »

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
congrats man !!

curious as to how recovery is going? im considering surgery with dr. ganchi, i had a consultation with him but i wasnt too comfortable with him.. he rushed me too much...

how much did it cost ?

Offline damianz

• Posting Member
Congratulations!  My surgery is a week from tomorrow morning.  I'm going with Dr. Vishal Kapoor in Beverly Hills.  I'm pretty excited/anxious/happy.  Thanks for sharing your experience, it helps!

Enjoy your recovery and new chest!

Offline onesummer

• Posting Member
Recovery is going well.  I have absolutely no bruising, and i can tell my chest is gonna look amazing already.  Even with a bit of swelling, it's a hell of a lot flatter than before.  if i lift my arm overhead, it looks completely flat.. which is amazing. 

Results aside, recovery is kind of a pain in the ass.  I hate not being in the gym.. before working my entire body again, ganchi recommends two weeks of no exercise post op followed by two weeks of low impact cardio and lower body workouts.  Also, he insists on wearing the compression vest for a full 6 weeks after surgery.  the vest sucks, and i know 6 weeks is a long time, but if that's what it takes to get the best result, then i'll do it.  Other than that, pain is very minimal.  it was pretty sore the first 2 days, but nothing terrible.  it felt like i'd just done a ridiculous chest workout the day before.. it's that kind of soreness.  right now i'm one week post-op, and it is still a bit tender but i only notice it if i press on it or put stress on the muscle. 

My total cost was just over 5000 dollars.  He's very good, it was definitely worth it.

I'm afraid i don't have before pics to post although i can probably get em from the doc eventually.  today i'll snap a few photos of the results thus far (one week post-op). 

hope this helped

Offline onesummer

• Posting Member
Alright here are some pics one week post-op.

http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00021bf6.jpg

http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00022vu5.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00026vz2.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00027sf3.jpg

There is still a good amount of swelling obviously, but with my arms above my head i can see that the gland is compleeetely gone... what a relief.  Eventually I will get the before pics from the doc, but i don't have to see him again for another 7 weeks.  All i can say is i had probably a moderate case of gyne... more than just puffy nipples, i could feel a fairly large gland on both sides before surgery.

I'll be sure to take more pics a few more weeks down the road to document progress.  Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
awesome results man... ganchi quoted me at 4500, not bad..  i may reconsider him as an option

Offline onesummer

• Posting Member
Thanks.  So far so good with Ganchi, as u can see i have no bruising at all.  i know what you mean when you say you felt he rushed the appointment.  You do more waiting than consulting at the consultation.  He was certainly the most qualified doc in the area with a reasonable price, so i went with him.  i also was in touch with another member on this forum who had his op with him a month before me and was very happy.  The hardest part of this op is wearing the damn vest for 6 weeks.  A close 2nd is not being allowed in the gym.

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
update??

im still considering choosing dr ganchi, lol

Offline MisterPeepers

• Posting Member
Do you have any pictures with the vest on? im just curious what it looks like. One vest or multiple?

Offline onesummer

• Posting Member
I'm 5 weeks post-op now.. there is still some tenderness underneath the nipple and some swelling.  I'll take some pics tomorrow. 

To the last guy- did you want pics with the vest and a shirt on top to see what it looks like?  or did you just want to see what the vest is like?

Offline onesummer

• Posting Member

..These pics are 5 weeks out, and yes, the bandage tape is still there.  The surgeon told me to leave them there as long as possible before they fall off.  As you can see, there is still a good amount of swelling behind and around both nipples- the skin isn't quite "hugging" the muscle yet.  I'm working out again at about 90% intensity and was told that this can make the swelling last longer.  If you ask me, I'd rather have the swelling last longer than go 2 months without working out.

Discomfort in the area lessens every day.  It is still quite tender at the spot of excision, but the rest of my chest feels normal.  The only two things I have to avoid in the gym is 1) a hard impact directly on either nipple, and 2) overstretching my chest (doing pullups with wide-grip is a no-no).

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Take care

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
nice results man.. i got a quote for 4500 with ganchi. i think im gonna go with it in december when i get a week off of work..
we have similar builds and i envy your results - i wish i was in your position right now..

i got a couple more questions
how did you pay for surgery with Ganchi?
how long are you expected to keep the vest on for?
how quick were you able to go back to school/work after the surgery?

Offline tradersg

• Posting Member
very good post op results man. totally flat nipples. haha

anyway i have a question, can you do chest workout now? if yes how many weeks post-op before you start training your chest?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024