Author Topic: What is your worst gynecomastia memory :'(  (Read 123513 times)

Offline demha

• Posting Member
I don't have a worst memory but, I have plenty of bad ones. The one that plays through my head right now is Gr. 4; this girl that i used to hang out with was grabbing everyone's chest, she grabbed mine, and told me it wasn't normal like the other guys, that i had boobs........like her. At the time, it didn't really effect me, besides a few minutes of embarrassment. But now I look back at that memory and wonder, wow, I had breasts all my life, and I would always be self-conscience, and hesitant about taking off my shirt. However, this would all be subconsciously going on inside me, I never once actually said to myself why do I have breasts? or complained/wondered why I had breasts. It was always a part of me growing up, I always subconsciously knew that my chest wasn't normal, and that I didn't look good with my shirt off. However, I never questioned my physique to the point where i had a PROBLEM with my body(that was the benefit of being a child), it was just a part of me.

I've edited this post, I originally typed this about a year ago. That was when I had the surgery with, I think, Dr. John, in Toronto. The surgery didn't really solve all my life problems. Actually, all it really did was solve one, that I scapegoated as a cause to the anguish in my life. Now that I have a normal chest, I am still the same bitter, drug-addicted, virgin, loner I was before the surgery. If gynecomastia is your only problem, then go for the surgery. However, if you have other issues in life, don't think the surgery will change your life dramatically. All it really is; is one less thing to worry about.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:00:15 AM by demha »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
That's a good point you make dude... I too, didn't think much of my G when i was in public school... It was in gr. 7-8 that I started to become very self conscious about my chest.

My worst G memory....

A few weeks prior to my surgery, I was at a union meeting (contract vote) and as we lined up to vote, one guy (half in the bag) grabbed a m(o)(o)b and yelled out 'Look at the t.i.t.s on this guy'.... Everyone laughed... I wanted to crawl under a rock and die...  :-\

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline ellington7

• Bronze Member
The worst experience I've had with gyne can't be nailed down to a specific moment, but it was the everyday struggle of trying to hide it from everyone.  I'd feel petrivide just walking down the street without a coat on.  I'd worry about certain wind gust hitting my chest the wrong way, or being around a cute girl I was interested in, sparking a great conversation with her, getting to a point where it was obvious that we had a huge connection, only to know that I'd have to end the relationship once it started to get intiment, due to the possibility of having to be naked around her.  I couldn't go anywere without heavy shirts or coats in warm or cold weather, and had to deal with the mental agony of having to explain to people why I wouldn't take them off.  Or knowing that I was a alright looking dude, but because I couldn't be myself that people would feel wierd around me due to the vibe I was sending out.  Man....I understand your pain as well as the many who've be stricken with this evil problem, but I had the surgery,and am now in the recovery stage, so hopefully those bad experiences will be replaced by just as many good one

Offline jimmy663

• Posting Member
My worst is in 12 th grade, having to play shirts and skins basketball. I was always on the skins team.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I was a wrestler is High School. That should require no explanation. I had to learn not to be a victim.

Another was when, in my 20's, some of my fellow Medics (in the Air Force) Fixed me up with a blind date. She was a young nurse and very cute. She was also very flat chested, So much so that my breasts were larger than hers. They obviously thought it was very funny, neither  of us thought it was particularly funny. She and I actually came to be very good friends.

There were other instances as well.

While such things hurt for a time, I became a stronger person each time.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Jdowg

• Bronze Member
About 3 years ago i was playing football for my school. Well one day we went outside for some fun. Well, it was SHIRTS vs SKINS. Uh oh. Well guess what team i got? Skins  :o Well i wasn't embarrassed about it at the time so it was no big deal. But all the guys on the team laughed at me and were grabbing me constantly. I actually got into a fight between another kid about a week later for making fun of me. But ever since then i haven't played sports, but i do enjoy what i do now. Stock Car Racing!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the love of my life that gyne cost me.  shirts and skins types of things were bad but will never even come close.    :'(
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
probably when someone flicked mine down at the beach, right when i was starting to feel more comfortable

Offline impervious

• Posting Member
I could name so many my friends.  The comments/jokes were bad ie:

"bitch breasts", "man boobs", "nice mammories", "your breasts are huge," "those things are perky." "dude yo have boobs," "let me feel your breasts"  etc etc

It sucked pretty bad when girls said, "your boobs are bigger then mine," buy I loved my come back; "well that sucks for you..."

I will say that living a life nearly in shame is my worst memory. I'm scheduled to go in for surgery on November 10th and it cannot happen soon enough.

Offline Jay999

• Bronze Member
That's a good point you make dude... I too, didn't think much of my G when i was in public school... It was in gr. 7-8 that I started to become very self conscious about my chest.

My worst G memory....

A few weeks prior to my surgery, I was at a union meeting (contract vote) and as we lined up to vote, one guy (half in the bag) grabbed a m(o)(o)b and yelled out 'Look at the t.i.t.s on this guy'.... Everyone laughed... I wanted to crawl under a rock and die...  :-\

GB

That is really horrid, GB. I feel for you.

Worst memory of mine was changing room. Someone said 'haha you have really weird nipples' and everyone laughed. I nutted him in the face and got suspended for 2 weeks.

I don't regret it though. I'd much rather get punched in the face than have gyne. He caused me more pain than I caused him.

Offline EJ1990

• Posting Member
YOU NUTTED IN HIS FACE??? ANYWAYS IDE HAVE TO SAY MY WORST EXPERIENCE WAS WHEN I WAS ON THA SKINS SOCCER TEAM AND EVERYONE WAS TELLING ME TO TAKE OFF MY SHIRT AND I WAS ARGUING WITH EVERYONE THAT I WASNT GOING TO TAKE IT OFF AND FINALLY I WALKED OFF THE FIELD FEELING LIKE SHYT.

mojito

Just a few months before having my operation, there was this beautiful 22 year old russian girl that I worked with. (I work as a bartender is a fancy restaurant, among other things).  We were kidding around when she suddenly poked me in the chest, and said with a giggle: "You have boobies!"

I was totally destroyed. Totally innocent on her part, but it didn't matter. Any pre-surgery doubts went away in that moment.

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member

My worst G memory....

GB

Wow thats terrible, I would of been so depressed after that...

My worst would be my most common one, walking by some really really hot girls, and then the wind blows and exposes two nice bitch breasts.... I feel like turning my back so the wind his my back, its so embarrassing.
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
YOU NUTTED IN HIS FACE??? ANYWAYS IDE HAVE TO SAY MY WORST EXPERIENCE WAS WHEN I WAS ON THA SKINS SOCCER TEAM AND EVERYONE WAS TELLING ME TO TAKE OFF MY SHIRT AND I WAS ARGUING WITH EVERYONE THAT I WASNT GOING TO TAKE IT OFF AND FINALLY I WALKED OFF THE FIELD FEELING LIKE SHYT.

EJ1990 ....

Offline rage.against.the.machine

• Bronze Member
Although it is a little depressing, I really like this thread, a place where we can talk about this and have people who ACTUALLY understand, not parents or doctors who have never had to live through this.

Luckily, I haven't had anything that bad.  Mostly the worst has just been living everyday with the condition and have to slouch and overdress- when it's boiling outside and you are sweating profusely and people ask why you don't take off one of the shirts you are wearing.  Never wanting to swim or go to the beach and so self-conscious around my peers.

But I do have one moment that was upsetting.  I was in gym class 4 years ago (in grade 9) I was only wearing the gym shirt that they give us, and my nipples were pretty visible I guess, and one of my 'friends' says "Hey is it cold in here?" and then pinches my nipple.  At which point I pushed him onto the ground.

I think the very worst part is feeling so helpless, how exercise does nothing and how you have to wait till you are 18.  And I was born in December.  :-[

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024