Author Topic: Change of Life  (Read 4743 times)

!!!LIfe!!!

Happy with the surg.... it is the best thing ever
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 02:16:24 PM by !!!LIfe!!! »

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Damn sorry bout the girlfriend and all. But hey, look on the brightside, unlike me you weigh 30 pounds less then I do. Plus you're riding in a limo?! Who's performing the surgery on you? Damn I wish I had a limo comin to pick me up on a day that will change my life. 2 birds with one stone. Good luck with everything. Keep us posted.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Great story, I could relate to so much of it. You've taken an important step in getting this problem handled. Believe me, as you recover from your surgery, your motivation to get fit will be very high. Don't let the motivation slip away, and look at this as the beginning of a new life.

Offline boobylon

• Posting Member
good luck to you dude, hope you have recovered well from surgery,
i've had surgery at 36 afte living with gyn for 23 yrs, 5 days post
surgery,recovering well,me and my wife knows about the surgery,
not even our kids, waiting for your post op feedback,

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
I always stayed away from the shirts with designs across the chest. It felt like the designs served to highlight the bumps around the chest.

My wardrobe consists mainly of solid colors and shirts with a pattern/design on the whole thing. 90% being various shades of gray.

Anyway, hope the surgery went well.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Who performed the surgery? Sorry for asking again but you probably forgot.

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
I think I read that under armor isn't good to wear until after the chest has healed considerably (I think it was because of the way you have to put it on and it tugs at the wounds). I'm not 100% on this.

You may want to invest in some kind of a compression vest ASAP. A lot of the doctors recommend it for post op healing.

Anyway, gratz on the procedure. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Offline boobylon

• Posting Member
normally the doctors operating suggests compression garments,most of them put it on you just after surgery, pls check with your doc, he must have forgotten, take care,

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Interesting story and a reminder that offhand words can have incredibly unforeseen damaging consequences.

One or two stinging remarks can alter your consciousness and behaviour for years and years. It's truly incredible.

(I would also like to think that well placed kind words can warm you on a cold night and shape you for the better.)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:30:37 PM by Cellar_Door »
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline demha

• Posting Member
before my gyne surgery I was very active and into boxing/running/basketball all that stuff, I gave it all up while healing post-op. I dont think its a good idea to exercise to much while healing, take a break. Right now post-op and fully healed im as active as ever. I kinda miss the days where i had an excuse to be lazy......................

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
before my gyne surgery I was very active and into boxing/running/basketball all that stuff, I gave it all up while healing post-op. I dont think its a good idea to exercise to much while healing, take a break. Right now post-op and fully healed im as active as ever. I kinda miss the days where i had an excuse to be lazy......................

Haha, but still, it always feels better to be active. Did you box with a club, or just with a punchbag yourself or what?
I have a punch bag at home, which I use about twice a week. I don't like the idea of taking a lot of time off exercise.
Also, how long was your healing process?

Offline demha

• Posting Member
I joined a club in toronto called atlas boxing for 9 months, I picked that gym because lennox lewis used to train there. I was 80% healed by 5 weeks Id say but that didnt stop me from taking 3 months off.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024