Author Topic: :( Hello  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Why-me

Well, Im "Why-me" & i`ve had gynecomastia for almost two years now (since I was 13). Im now 15, 16 really soon and its just bugging the fact that its not going !! The doctor keeps saying it will go withing 3 years but im not seeing any diffrence... I want to workout but I am ashamed of taking my top of in public. So I try my best alone in my house, I loved swimming before I had gynecomastia but now I cant go!! This has spoilt my teen life and is so deepressing.. I seriously feel like jumping of a bridge.  :-\

I thought it would be nice to meet other people that are in the same boat as me, so Hey  :D

"Why-me"
"Why-me"

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
Hi :)

Don't let it get you down if you can help it. Continue to enjoy life as much as possible, kids can be cruel at your age but you get past that.

You only get one shot at life, just live it. Once you die no one can judge you :)

Also, hang in there, it may go away. Just make sure you live a healthy lifestyle (and possibly lay off the hormone pumped meats such as chicken).

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I had it for 13 years.

Got those motherfuckers chopped out a few days ago.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline fanoffloyd

• Posting Member
Hi Why-Me.

Are you in the UK? It IS available in some NHS trusts. You need a referral from your GP to the Primary Care Trust. I wrote a letter to mine which was passed on to them for consideration.

My NHS op is happening on the 10th June!

I'm 38 in August and all I can say is please please make sure you have the right diet, keep alchohol to a minimum and don't do the wrong types of excorcises!

I have suffered with this since the age of 12, I'm 6ft and slimmed right down to 11 stone and they were still there!

If you want to work out, try not to add bulk to the chest but to do inverted bench presses. That way you add muscle above the chest area which can (and thats a liberal can) pull the fatty tissue upwards.

Believe me, it won't go away. In the meantime maintain a healthy diet. I don't know what height/weight you are but keep fats to an absolute minimum. Alchohol is really not good for this either!

I'm a none smoker, none drinker, none fried food eater who went to the gym three times a week and whether my wieght was 11 stone or 14 stone I still had the breasts. But the last you want to do is exagerate the problem with increasing your weight!

I thought I was a master at wearing the right type of clothes to hide it, but you can't. I tried everything to get rid of them - diet, clothes, walking style, turning away from the wind, working out. I continually pull my top downwards so as not to lay directly on my chest - I `think` this will hide it!

Consider speaking to a surgeon to see if it's really needed, if it is put some pressure on your GP/doctor.

If you can afford it, go privately.

Good luck

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
welcome to the boards, and never let this s**t get you down  :)

if he's right and you're in the uk, look over the find a surgeon in your area - uk boards for discussions of nhs versus private, some of the nhs jobs have been a mixed bag, you'd want a referral to a ps who can take this seriously, not some general surgeon, and the nhs's inability to do that has led a lot of people to decide the extra money was worth it. 

* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
  • Got that problem off my chest :) (pun intended)
Well, Im "Why-me" & i`ve had gynecomastia for almost two years now (since I was 13). Im now 15, 16 really soon and its just bugging the fact that its not going !! The doctor keeps saying it will go withing 3 years but im not seeing any diffrence... I want to workout but I am ashamed of taking my top of in public. So I try my best alone in my house, I loved swimming before I had gynecomastia but now I cant go!! This has spoilt my teen life and is so deepressing.. I seriously feel like jumping of a bridge.  :-\

I thought it would be nice to meet other people that are in the same boat as me, so Hey  :D

"Why-me"
You sound a lot like me. I'm 16 now, almost 17, and have had gyno for 4 or so years. I was told by my doc that it would magically disapear too. That never happened. Most likely, yours won't magically disapear either, sadly. I also loved swimming, and I haven't swam for about 4 years. If you're wanting to work out, there's nothing wrong with working out with a shirt on. That's what I do.

Have you told your parents yet? It's the best thing you can do at your age. They will most likely support you. Mine did, and gave me the money I needed to get surgery. It is now 2 weeks post-operation, and they look amazing. I'm so excited to finally swim, which might or might not happen this year because of another problem I have with my skin. But seriously tell your parents if you already haven't. If you have and they won't give you the money, get a job and save up. Since you're almost 16, you should be able to get a job at McDonalds or something. It may take a while to save up all the money, but it will be well worth it.

Don't get down on yourself. Atleast you can get rid of it.
R.I.P. Gyno 2004-2009 :) Good Riddance. Pics here: http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/Cole1992/

whyme243

1) Find a local Six Flags
2) Get a job
3) ???
4) Profit

Offline HoorayHoorayHooray

• Posting Member
I know it's really taxing on your teenage years, but you really should wait until you're at least 18 to get surgery if you're thinking about it. You never know, at your age it could still be growing and if you get surgery now, you'll end up with more gynecomastia growing later and you'll have to get another surgery and it'll just be a disaster. Hang in there for now I guess.

Offline enthusiastic

• Posting Member
Try not to let it get you down, you're not alone.  I haven't been swimming without a shirt in 20 years, and I"m fine with it.

I had surgery two years ago, and I still swim with a shirt on, but that's just personal preference any more.

And, why you?  It's not that unusual to have this problem.   It just happens sometimes.    One of these days you will make the decision to live with it or get something done about it, and then it will be resolved.    Have patience, and don't rule-out compression clothing.  It works wonders.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024