Author Topic: FINALLY!!!  (Read 4864 times)

Offline Bluesun_Returns

• Silver Member
I HAD THE OPERATION FRIDAY-MORNING.

Yeah, I know I said that it was supposed to be done in August but that was incorrect.  

Anyway, it was performed in the doctor's office under local annestisia (sp.?).  It was a two and a half hour process which was somewhat strenuous (sp.?) at times but I manage to make it through.

As far as the results, I think it was a well done job.  Chest is still puffy for it being swollen from the surgery but no way as big as it was before.  It's almost hard for me to believe that it will get even more better as time passes.

I stayed in the house all day Friday.  I was able to get around, however; with the bandage that was put on me and me being ordered to wear it throughout the day and night, I thought it was best to just stay in for the day.  However, I went out today, without the bandages of course; just the compression-vest that was supplied by the doctor (which fits extremely well, I might add)  It was such an relief to walk around without people gawking at me and my chest.  Like I said, I'm simply amazed at the thought of the swelling going down will make it look even better.

The surgery was pertformed by Dr. Scott J. Zevon at 75 Central Park West in New York City (yes, he has my full endorsement).  Cost, $4300.

I remember a guy who posted on the board sometime last summer about how, when his gyne-condition developed, he became so depressed from reactions of people around him and he quit his good-paying job and is doing tempt work at night.  His story touched me so much because his and mine so much parallel.  And the other who started a thread entitled, "I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS".  I just want to tell those guys and others in similiar condition to just grin and bare it and save-up that money.  I definitely know how it is.  The emotional and psychological pain of going through everyday life with a severe case of gyne that can't easily be hidden.  Awh man, there are definitely some guys in my neighborhood and on my job that I would love to take an iron-pipe to, you just don't know.  But that wouldn't really solved anything.  So you just keep pushing for that day of the surgery, that's all.  Then you can tell 'em to kiss . . . uhm, a certain body-part (I'll just leave it at that :) ).

Well, that's all I have to say right now.  Man, this feels so good.
Bluesun

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Bluesun....

Awesome story Dude!

CONGRATS!

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
Good for you bud.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
good stuff

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
etc.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
post some pics when you can.

Offline Bluesun_Returns

• Silver Member
Hey everybody, excuse me for taking so long for responding (had lots to do and plus my internet-connection was messing up), thanks for the well wishes.  

As far as pics, I'm suppose to see the doctor again for a post-op check-up next week.  He said he'll take some before and after pic (naturally, the "before pic" have already been taken).  Then he'll give me a copy on a disk.  So as soon as I get it . . . .

Still, I gotta say, I haven't been so estatic as I may appear.  I'm still kind of stand-off-ish to mostly everybody.  It goes back to what I posted a month or so.  The thing may be behind me but I've seen people in a whole new light.  Maybe it'll pass, maybe it won't.  However, I've thought alot about that post Iamnotmybody did.  The thought still lingers, "the operation, what was the reason for it?"  What, to be acceptable now, to be able to get back into the fold?  Man, the way I feel, TO HELL WITH THEM!!! >:(

Like I said, these past couple of years; since that thing developed, I was isolated and humiliated.  Just like the guy who said he quit his good-paying job and started doing tempt-work at night, I pretty-much went through the same thing.  I'm sure some of you have probably asked how in the world can a union-carpenter in the New York City construction-field could've taken so long to raise money for such an operation procedure.  Well, just like with that guy who's doing tempt-work, the emotional-pain of being a constant target of snickering-smlies, being laughed at and shunned alot of times really begins to take its toll on you (thing is, no one ever have the balls to just come straight-up to your face and say whatever it is they have to say, though) .  I was living like a hermit for about three years . . . THANK God FOR 24 HOURS SUPERMARKETS AND LAUNDRY-MATS!!!

Then, around the end of last year, I decided to do what I advised others to do.  To stand firm and bight the bullet.  I went back to work steadily and saved up that money (of course, there were accumulated credit-cards and household bills that needed to be taken care of first).  Now I finally emerged out of the end of a long dark tunnel.  Hey, I don't want any cheers or pats on the back.  Like I said, TO HELL WITH THEM (naturally, I'm referring to many of the people I know in the physical-world, not to the brotherhood that's here on the board)!!!

Yeah, it's a great relief to go around without being made to feel like you're a piece of . . . you know.  Still, like I said before, after what I went through I'm not as warm and open as I use to be.

Well, anyway, thanks for letting me vent.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 10:15:25 AM by Bluesun_Returns »

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Congrats  :)
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline thelordshaper

• Posting Member
Yes congratulations. I had mine taken care of just recently to. I so know that feeling right now of going out and feeling like people aren’t gawking and making you feel self conscious. I can’t wait till I’m further along and can finally go back to the Y and hit the pools. Ahhh freedom, breath it in and I'll see you on the beach!! ;D

Offline SRK

• Bronze Member
  • will BARE
congrats man....i feelsogood for u.....pray tht even i get  the surgery done n tht to a succesfull one
a man walkin with gyno is a man walkin with a heart of steel

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I re-read your thread and I must say  ;) again.

Good stuff.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 08:32:49 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024