Author Topic: Timeline for Surgery i only have 3 weeks!  (Read 2914 times)

Offline JayDee3

I'd like to get surgery but I only have 3 weeks to find a surgeon, book the appointment and get it done.

I go to school in Antigua and I only have a 3 week break.  I know many of you would advise to me to wait till I have more time, but I really want to get this done over the break for a number of reasons.

Oh and this whole process is going to be in the last week weeks in December, yes over the holidays so I'm sure thats going to be a huge obstacle as well.

Is it possible with this little time?  I was thinking I'd find a few surgeons in my area and make a few calls before I return to the US.

DrBermant

I'd like to get surgery but I only have 3 weeks to find a surgeon, book the appointment and get it done.

I go to school in Antigua and I only have a 3 week break.  I know many of you would advise to me to wait till I have more time, but I really want to get this done over the break for a number of reasons.

Oh and this whole process is going to be in the last week weeks in December, yes over the holidays so I'm sure thats going to be a huge obstacle as well.

Is it possible with this little time?  I was thinking I'd find a few surgeons in my area and make a few calls before I return to the US.

Sometimes short term timing works, often it does not. Rushing into anything can be a formula for a disaster. Planning ahead is a much better option. That is why I evolved years ago our Preliminary Remote Discussion so that patients can minimize travel and yet have a tentative surgery planned for a short stay.

Jane is my office manager and can better discuss what time we have available.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
This is elective surgery -- you should not rush into it. After all, you have had your gyne for a while -- whats a few more weeks or months to get it right??!!   Different surgeons have different approaches and techniques, as well as different policies about your care, revision surgery, etc.

I recommend you take your time and visit several plastic surgeons.  Each one may be different personalities and each may approach your problem in a different manner.

Once you have visited several surgeons, make your choice based on which one in which you feel most comfortable and confident.  The fee, while important, should be the least of your list of considerations -- the results of your surgery will be with you for the rest of your life -- and long after the original fee is forgotten.

I would be pleased to offer an opinion and help to you.  If you wish, send me your personal email address and I will provide some information.  You in turn can send me some photos and personal info -- and I would be happy to provide an evaluation -- all for free.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024