Author Topic: Q for dr. Jacobs regarding privacy  (Read 2461 times)

Offline LiftingHeavy

Dear Dr. Jacobs,

I have read a great deal about your experience and expertise and I am interested in coming in for a consult.  However, before I decide to make an appointment to visit your office I would like to inquire about your policy regarding patient privacy.  I understand you have been on many television programs and are highly regarded in the community, as such I am afraid there will be cameras filming outside your building the day I would be having my consult or surgery.  Could you please explain a bit about your stance on patient privacy and put my mind at ease about coming in for a consult.

Regards,
LiftingHeavy

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, I have been on many TV and radio shows concerning gynecomastia.  Every single patient who was on those shows was informed about it and signed a release to appear on camera and have his name mentioned. 

On the other hand, when I have patients in my office, their privacy is very closed guarded.  Whatever photos are taken (I take all my own photos) are placed only in the patient chart.  In fact, I ask patients to sign a photo release so that I can take their photos.  No photos are placed on my website unless I have a specific release from my patient to do so.  And if you notice, on my website there are no faces -- only anonymous chests.  And by the way, there are no camera outside my office filming patients as they enter!!!!

In  essence, your privacy is assured by me and my staff.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline LiftingHeavy

Dear Dr. Jacobs,

Thank you for your quick response :-)  I appreciate you taking time to put my concerns to rest, as I have a great deal of respect for your expertise and work. 

I will be in touch with your office very soon.

P.S-Are you open on any weekends for consultations?

Regards,
Liftingheavy

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
No, I have office hours Monday through Friday only.

Sorry.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024