Author Topic: My Routine to Look Good  (Read 3835 times)

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I first do a set of curls (about 7 reps), then 25 pushups, 50 situps and about seven reps on the bowflex for my back muscles. I repeat this about 4 or 5 times. What do you guys think of it? I think I need to put some kind of leg exercise in there.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
At least you're doing something.  Try using more free weights and start eating more protein to pack on the muscles.  

I work out 3 to 4 nights a week at a local gym and ever since I switched over to free weights, I've seen a vast improvement.  Plus, I jog for at least 20 to 30 minutes everytime I go and that has really enhanced my phyisique.  

If you want your legs to really explode, try doing squats.  There a pain in the butt to do but your legs will be thanking you.

Offline zarathustra

• Posting Member
If you want your legs to explode, try yoga.   :P

It's nuts.  Full body workout, no pesky gym fees.  

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I'm 16 years old, 6'5'' and about 220 (I'm a big guy). Is being able to max out squatting at about 320 good for my size or should I be doing a lot more?

Offline jalen_rose5

• Posting Member
  • conditioning coach for the Indiana Pacers
if ur looking to burn fat you'll want to do 8-12 reps on most excercieses and daily cardio. If its size and muscle u want to put on (which will also burn fat) i would do cardio every other day and 5-7 reps on ur weighted excercises.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Blarneystoner,

If you feel comfortable squatting 320 then stick with 320.  Only raise it if you feel if you could do more.  320 is pretty good.  

Offline llbean24

• Posting Member
Wow...no offense, Blitz, but that was pretty much the worst advice i've ever heard.  Blarneystoner, you need to keep trying to increase your weight even if you feel you might not make it.  The only way you'll progress is if you push yourself to the ABSOLUTE MAX.  Make sure you have a spotter and a back brace so you don't hurt yourself.  You shouldn't ever feel "comfortable" while weightlifting.  Your muscles should be burning and your head should be spinning from pain (the good kind of pain i.e. not pulled muscles or broken bones).  Don't settle for a weight you feel comfortable with.

Be safe and keep pushing yourself.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
Wow...no offense, Blitz, but that was pretty much the worst advice i've ever heard.  Blarneystoner, you need to keep trying to increase your weight even if you feel you might not make it.  The only way you'll progress is if you push yourself to the ABSOLUTE MAX.  Make sure you have a spotter and a back brace so you don't hurt yourself.  You shouldn't ever feel "comfortable" while weightlifting.  Your muscles should be burning and your head should be spinning from pain (the good kind of pain i.e. not pulled muscles or broken bones).  Don't settle for a weight you feel comfortable with.

Be safe and keep pushing yourself.

Bump to that.  Never be satisfied with what you've done, only try to push yourself more to achieve more.

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
most people (that included me a couple of months ago) really underestimate the importance of leg training.

first of all, your body's gotta be proportionate. if you keep on working on your upper body, whats gonna happen is that you will be diagnosed with "chicken feet" and will end up looking like a popsicle. true, v-back, big biceps, broad shoulders,  but skinny legs. heh.

i read this for the first time in Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding" but when you work out your legs, your body releases a shitload of testosterone..

Why? Well in comparison to your other muscles (back/shoulders/trapezius/chest/biceps/triceps/abs) your legs are significantly larger. they have significantly greater mass.. hence when you work out your leg, a significantly large ammount of testosterone is released (hence indirectly helping you build your upper body whilst giving you some solid legs).

you have to work out all parts of your legs (quads, hamstrings, and calf)

If you go to the gym, I would recommend you do 4-5 sets with the leg press (its crazy how you'll go up in weights.. i've gone from leg pressing 90 pounds to leg pressing more than 400 pounds in less than 3 months..)

try hyperexensions, they're another great workout for your legs.

reverse hyperextensions for your hamstrings, you can also do 'good mornings' (look up these workouts online, you'll find a plethora of info).

calf raises (seated/standing) for your calves. do some cardio to keep the legs nice and toned for extra definition. training them 1-2 times a week (provided that you have a gym cycle that trains each part of your body atleast 1 time a week) will give you some solid results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024