Author Topic: removed  (Read 3001 times)

Offline pinchy68

• Posting Member
removed
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:03:37 PM by pinchy68 »

DrBermant

20 years ago I had a minor gynecomastia surgery, excision only. The results were great. 3 years ago I was put on a combination of antidepressants that have unfortunately resulted in gynecomastia growth underneath the nipples. It didn't feel like a gland that could be separately felt under the areaola though, but rather it felt like the skin of the areola has gotten significantly thicker and milk ducts developed in the skin. When warm, the nipple looked fairly normal, when cold, the nipple was very erect and significantly protruding. 8 months ago I went for an operation (excision only) to a cosmetic surgeon that ensured me that he can easily take care of it with good results. The results are unfortunately not good at all. The issue with the nipple/areola has not changed, the nipples are still protruding the same, but on top of it now there is scaring and deformation near the incision, and significant indentation underneath where the surgeon took out fat underneath the nipple (I am a fit person with not a lot of fat). It looks to me like the surgeon only took out fat, which is not at all what was discussed.

Dr. Bermant, I understand that the indentation due to fat removal might not be possible to fix, but can the fundamental/original problem with the protruding nipple/areola be fixed. Can whatever tissue developed and feels like thickening of the areola skin be excised? Is it possible to get the nipples flat again?
I am going for a consultation to the same surgeon on Tuesday to discuss what can be done and I would like to be well informed. I would very much appreciate your fast response.
  Thank you,
       D

Revision Gynecomastia Surgery is an art form. Not all surgeons have the same skills or techniques.  Choice of a surgeon should carefully consider an actual demonstration of that doctor's revision skills at male chest contouring.

I often can use variations of my Fat Flap Sculpture to move nearby tissue into a defect yet still remove deforming residual scar / gland tissue. Sometimes I am limited and compromises are still possible.  I have many examples that I will add to my site to show some of what I have achieved on some terrible messes made by other doctors. Here is one new posted page that did not involve a crater, but look at the Gland and Scars Causing Residual Puffy Nipples removed during my Revision Surgery.  Check out the Video showing the problem and surgical revision and the patient experiences with the primary and revision surgery. We see patients from around the world who prefer my techniques and I have tackled some fairly extensive deformities with my sculpture.

We are glad to help patients explore what options they have for revision surgery during a consultation or a Preliminary Remote Discussion. After reviewing Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Photos, completed history forms, copies of prior surgery and doctors' notes, I can provide specific discussion about risks, benefits, and alternate methods of care.  If you want to learn more, Jane is my office manager and can explain the process.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

here

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024