Author Topic: Quick Question about the excision of the glads  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Enmend54

• Posting Member
Hey there, I had a question question actaully.... After The chest is liposuctioned and its time for the excision of the Glad, are there cases or is it posible that the glad wont come out as one big piece but rather than cut up piecies causing some of it to left behind after the surgery? I know it might be hard to understand exactly what I'm saying because quite frankly I cant think of a better way to phrase it haha.

DrBermant

Hey there, I had a question question actaully.... After The chest is liposuctioned and its time for the excision of the Glad, are there cases or is it posible that the glad wont come out as one big piece but rather than cut up piecies causing some of it to left behind after the surgery? I know it might be hard to understand exactly what I'm saying because quite frankly I cant think of a better way to phrase it haha.

Actually if someone performs liposuction first, excision of an entire gland can result in a crater defect. That is the problem of starting with liposuction then gland. In Gynecomastia Anatomy, there are fingers of gland that run through fingers of gland. Liposuction all forms such as ultrasonic, vaser, power assisted, sharp cutting cannula, "smart," all preferentially target the softer fat before the firmer gland. The liposuction tends to dig a hole in the fat for the gland. Here is a drawing of Residual Gland After Liposuction First. Move your screen cursor over the link "Remaining Gland after Gynecomastia Surgery" to see that drawing.

Remove all of the gland and there can be a hole. Remove some of the gland, and the contour can remain somewhat flat. Remaining gland is fine if the amount of gland is trivial, and the contour remains flat when the areola muscle relaxes or during animation.  The problem is that firm gland or scar do not compress like fat, move like fat, nor feel like fat. Both craters and residual puffy nipples are not the best results for male chest sculpture.

Here are but a few of the many unhappy patients I have seen with this problem:

That is why with my Dynamic Technique, I prefer to target the gland first and then use the remaining fat as a resource to contour the chest. Even with going after the gland first, the fingers of gland spreading through the fat tend to make some of the gland extraction in pieces. You can see graphic examples of pictures of gland removed during gynecomastia surgery. For some the entire gland came out in one piece. For most, there were still firm component remaining in the chest that I added to the removed tissue. By not depleting the fat as a resource, I was able to remove this firmer distorting tissue and still end up with a smooth natural contour that looks good with arms at the side, over head, flexing, during animation, and with areola muscles relaxing. Click on the links on the gland gallery to go to that patient's before after pictures to better see what I mean.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction[/list]

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024