Author Topic: complications  (Read 2404 times)

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
Since this forum is for doctors who has above knowledge about gynecomastia, i just would like to ask if scarring always happened after surgery. This is not about me, i have gyne but i didn't went the operation yet but i have a friend who seems to have a big problem with his chest. His chest looks amazing and flat with shirt on but when he removes it, you could see some scar that makes his left nipple inverted. I told him that those scars might push his nipples inward and remains permanent. I didn't know what to advice so i just told him to visit his surgeon so that he could fix it before it's too late.. anyway it' been 8 months since his operation. My concern is i don't want that to happen to me when i choose to go for surgery.. My chest bothers me but i don't wanna have some scar just like what happened to my friend.

and is it true that you'll completely loss the nipple sensation permanently? 'coz he cannot feel any sensation in his nipple whether he's in cold or hot place.. even pinching them has no effect at all.. damn i'm just getting curious with those complications that might happen.. please reply and that would be appreciated.  ;) ;) ;)

DrBermant

Since this forum is for doctors who has above knowledge about gynecomastia, i just would like to ask if scarring always happened after surgery. This is not about me, i have gyne but i didn't went the operation yet but i have a friend who seems to have a big problem with his chest. His chest looks amazing and flat with shirt on but when he removes it, you could see some scar that makes his left nipple inverted. I told him that those scars might push his nipples inward and remains permanent. I didn't know what to advice so i just told him to visit his surgeon so that he could fix it before it's too late.. anyway it' been 8 months since his operation. My concern is i don't want that to happen to me when i choose to go for surgery.. My chest bothers me but i don't wanna have some scar just like what happened to my friend.

and is it true that you'll completely loss the nipple sensation permanently? 'coz he cannot feel any sensation in his nipple whether he's in cold or hot place.. even pinching them has no effect at all.. damn i'm just getting curious with those complications that might happen.. please reply and that would be appreciated.  ;) ;) ;)

Unfortunately, experience can make a major difference in what a surgeon offers. I have posted on how to pick your gynecomastia surgeon here:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

Having your friend post Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help others better understand your concerns.

A Male Inverted Nipple complication of gynecomastia surgery is a subtle form of a Crater Deformity After Gynecomastia Surgery. I have been able to repair such deformities with revision surgery when there are sufficient local tissue resources.

My patients typically tell me that their sensation returns to "normal" during healing. Some loss of sensation can occur with any surgery. The degree of loss depends on the problem treated, what was done, skill of the surgeon, and many other factors.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024