Author Topic: Perform abdominal muscle tightening without tummy tuck?  (Read 7213 times)

Offline anon553

• Posting Member
Can you perform abdominal muscle tightening without a tummy tuck? For example, could you just tighten them through the belly button???

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, this has been done via endoscopic surgery -- but only in select cases -- and by only a few surgeons in this country.  In the vast majority of cases, the skin has to be tightened (ie a tummy tuck) in some way.

I do not perform this type of surgery -- I am truly not pleased with the results.

Dr Jacobs
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 05:49:18 AM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Can you perform abdominal muscle tightening without a tummy tuck? For example, could you just tighten them through the belly button???

A few surgeons advocate an endoscopic technique where they claim that they can tighten the muscle through a surgical scope and long instruments and a small incision. I have never liked the results they showed and have managed complications form patients unhappy with that type of repair. For myself, I prefer to adjust the tension of the muscles / fascia with each suture. This requires a hand tie for each knot. The muscle fascia sculpture is also something I prefer to control carefully under direct observation. You can see graphic Pictures of this repair of the muscles and fascia during tummy tuck surgery here. Loose muscles and fascia are usually accompanied by loose skin. Repair of loose muscles often results in more loose skin. I have also seen disasters from doctors attempting to tighten loose skin through a belly button incision only.

We have really been excited over the past decade with the comfort and early recovery of our Tumescent Tummy Tuck.  You should take the time to browse through the pictures and videos of this technique.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024