Author Topic: Lot's of stitches after surgery  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Gamer7

• Posting Member
Do you ever have a case that requires lots of stitches after surgery or are most cases just stitching under the areola and taping it?
Thank you so much for your answers.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
If fat flaps are created and used to provide a good contour after surgery, stitches are needed to approximate those, but these are all internal and dissolve.  Similarly, the stitches under the skin dissolve, and I just have Steri-strips on the skin in most cases.  If I do simultaneous skin resection (either peri-areolar or inframammary and periareolar), then more stitches are involved, including some stitches that may be removed.

Rick Silverman

Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Gamer7

• Posting Member
Thanks for responding, Dr. Silverman
My son had surgery and there are folds, creases and lots of stitches.  Can you tell me more about fat flaps or send me to a web page with more information and maybe pictures?

DrBermant

Do you ever have a case that requires lots of stitches after surgery or are most cases just stitching under the areola and taping it?
Thank you so much for your answers.

My son had surgery and there are folds, creases and lots of stitches.  Can you tell me more about fat flaps or send me to a web page with more information and maybe pictures?

I use sutures in various ways during surgery for both surface and deeper sculpture. For deeper sculpture during my Dynamic Technique I use sutures for bringing together my Fat Flaps which are typically dissolvable.  For my more extensive SFS (Superficial Fascia Suspension) repair during male mastopexy chest lift. These deeper sutures frequently are permanent to provide a more lasting support as Ted Lockwood described in his SFS repairs. I also use sutures to contour fat and reposition fat elements to contol their position during early healing.

My short scar skin sutures for gynecomastia tend to be quite small and typically dissolvable. There are more extensive for my Skin Reduction Chest Sculpture

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024