Author Topic: What the heck-over.  (Read 3605 times)

Offline spanky

• Posting Member
I am a 51 yo male-retired recently from military.  Have several endocrine issues that require testosterone injections every 2 weeks.  If I take shots, boobs grow, If I don't take shots boobs grow.  So why not get use to the idea?

Over the last six months all of a sudden I noticed my shirts were tight.  Next a male friend told me I needed a BRA.  At that time I thought he was kidding.  But soon realized he was not. The jigglin increased and nipples protruded through everything I wore. Pain in bust began occurring at night.   It took me a while to develop the courage but after my wife asked me to wear an undershirt and that did not cure the issue, I decided it was time to mention the need for a BRA.  My wife is supportive and notices the growth.  I wear a regular bra all day and thus far sleep in a sports bra (for comfort.)

I am not really fat but am chunky.  Band is a 42 and bust 46.   I am smack between A $ B. Issue is not really full.  Thus far, the only place I can find a 42A is from the title nine store.

Finding shirts that don't make it obvious is difficult and is starting to get old.  Wouldn't worry so much but in the town in which I live, are many Red necks.

I don't like the idea of surgery because of cost, and scarring and it doesn't completely go away.

Any recommendations how to cope with embarrassmanet?

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
I had the surgery at age 58. Consider it.

Many men's boobs get bigger as they age. Mine did. A plastic surgeon with lots of experience in this area would be able to counsel you whether surgery is an option for your situation.

Otherwise, have you tried the UnderArmour Compression T's: http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens/apparel/pid1201166-Men-s-HeatGear-Full-T/1201166-400

Best of luck!

DrBermant

I am a 51 yo male-retired recently from military.  Have several endocrine issues that require testosterone injections every 2 weeks.  If I take shots, boobs grow, If I don't take shots boobs grow.  So why not get use to the idea?

Over the last six months all of a sudden I noticed my shirts were tight.  Next a male friend told me I needed a BRA.  At that time I thought he was kidding.  But soon realized he was not. The jigglin increased and nipples protruded through everything I wore. Pain in bust began occurring at night.   It took me a while to develop the courage but after my wife asked me to wear an undershirt and that did not cure the issue, I decided it was time to mention the need for a BRA.  My wife is supportive and notices the growth.  I wear a regular bra all day and thus far sleep in a sports bra (for comfort.)

I am not really fat but am chunky.  Band is a 42 and bust 46.   I am smack between A $ B. Issue is not really full.  Thus far, the only place I can find a 42A is from the title nine store.

Finding shirts that don't make it obvious is difficult and is starting to get old.  Wouldn't worry so much but in the town in which I live, are many Red necks.

I don't like the idea of surgery because of cost, and scarring and it doesn't completely go away.

Testosterone injections spread out every two weeks is just not physiologic. It puts the body through massive peaks and troughs of testosterone. During the peaks, where there is just too much testosterone, the excess is converted to estrogen and grows breasts. That is why most Endocrinologists I work with have moved away from injections to topical. Once a day administration is much more natural. Patients tell me that they feel better and stopped their breast tenderness / growth. However, topical is much more expensive than injection.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery

If you will not consider surgery (and I would not recommend surgery unless/until your situation stabilizes), then the best solution might be either to wear a bra (which might give you support) or perhaps a very snug compression garment.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024