Author Topic: Introduction and seeking advice regarding what to do  (Read 2279 times)

Offline gyn088

Hi, I recently got diagnosed with gynecomastia in my left breast. I'm 21 5'9 about 160 pounds. I used to be fairly active but about 4 months ago I stopped but because of my poor self image I took too many supplements and this I believe caused me to get gynecomastia. Some things I noticed that have concerned me are that if I masturbate my nipples get more swollen and sore and I sometimes get pains in my testicles. I also have bad back acne. This makes me think I have low testosterone or high estrogen levels. I've had bloodwork to test my hormones but they're apparently normal. However, I've started to notice that now my right nipple has somewhat of a ripple surrounding the areola, like it's starting to protrude out like my left, perhaps that's just me being paranoid. I was considering surgery but I'm worried if I do that what's left of the gland will grow puffy again. I've never been to an endocrinologist, is there something that they could find that the blood work isn't showing? I've also heard that the herb tribulus would naturally help boost my testosterone. Is it safe and is this something I should consider?

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
First, stop talking supplements, hormones, etc. They don't make you look better.

Then I suggest you be very up front with your primary care doc about all of the supplements you've taken and ask for lab tests to check your current levels.

Once you're off everything, and have followed your doc's orders, then consult a plastic surgeon about how he/she might help improve the contour of your chest.

Best of luck! The best results come from patience.

Offline gyn088

Thanks for the reply ddh. I've been off all the supplements for about a month. I'm still trying to overcome this but the first part of it I think is understanding why I have it in the first place. Which is my poor judgement and self esteem issues. But recently I've been noticing that my left nipple isn't hard lump but instead just a soft excess of tissue and extra tissue on the breast itself, sagging slightly more then my right. This could be because I've started working out again and taking better care of my body. I've actually set up a consoltation with a surgeon the other day but was wondering if I should get my bloodwork checked again because I still feel like my body is out of whack but it might just be me being still out of shape. Either way my goal is to lose some weight (5-10 pounds) before seeing the surgeon in 2 weeks. Hopefully it will clear up on it's own because I'm still fairly young because I'm hesitant to go under the knife.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024