Author Topic: My Gynocomastia! :'(  (Read 2499 times)

Offline BCCANBOY

hey
I recently went to my doctor and he said that usually most teen guys get this in puberty. I'm 14 and male. I'm thin 5"11 119 pounds and I've had these firm smaller sized lumps under my nipples that are sometimes puffy. I was wondering when they were going to go away because its really bothering me. The doctor said 6 months. But I've had them for a year and I was wondering when they usually go away and what I could do to make them go away faster!

Thanks!

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Hi, BCCANBOY, and welcome to gynecomastia.org!

I'm a middle aged male and I remember asking my doctor about the knots I felt under my nipples when I was your age.  It's a common problem, and most of the time, they go away.  The literature says that in most adolescent males (like you), the problem will correct itself within 3 years.  So I think you really need to give it more time. 

With that being said, when I was your age, I did not have any type of increased breast growth or puffy nipples that some young men experience.  I just felt the knots under the nipples and that was it.  The problem went away. 

If you are actually experiencing increased growth of your areolas/nipples or breast tissue, it may not go away.  And if, after a reasonable amount of time, it doesn't go away, then that's when you should consider getting something done about it.  But at your age, I would not think of surgery yet.  I think you just need to give it more time to see what it's going to do.  The body does weird things when it's growing, but many problems resolve with time.  If you still have increased growth of your breast tissue or nipples after another couple of years, you may want to follow up with your doctor about it.  Usually, after a certain period of time, you can tell whether something's going to go away or not. 

The good news is that the condition might improve with time, and even if it doesn't, it's correctable.  It's also a fairly common problem millions of males the world over experience.  So don't think there's anything "wrong" or "weird" about you.  It's usually just a hormonal thing and typically not a sign of a significant health problem.

Offline BCCANBOY

Ok thank you!
And no they are not growing in size they stay the same size and they're just a little puffy and lukenhard underneath. Sometimes they shrinking size than go back to normal size, my doctor said not ti worry about it also.

Thank you again!
BCCANBOY

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Be patient -- surgeons always advise to wait at least 2-3 years before considering surgery.  If, after that time, your condition has remained the same, it is at that time that you might consult with an experienced gyne surgeon.  Until then, don't dwell on it too much.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024