Author Topic: My workout  (Read 6292 times)

Offline o

• Posting Member
am about 2 weeks into my workout.
Am doing about 100 situps and some other things like pushups and dumbells. After that i jog for 15 mins.

I eat about 7 portions of fruit a day, 3 portions of veg and about 3L to 3.5L of water a day.

Is this a good workout or should i try a different one?

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
It completely depends on what you are trying to do.  Are you trying to bulk up or cut down?  I'm guessing probably you want to lose some fat and gain some muscle.  Regardless, you have to work all muscle groups, and with just dumbells, I don't think you can.  Do you have a weight bench?  You should look into joining a gym if you have the money.  You'd have to post your entire diet to be able to tell if its good, but what you listed so far is good.  

Offline o

• Posting Member
how much would a gym cost?

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
how much would a gym cost?

Usually $30/ month

And don't get me wrong, the exercises you listed that you're doing are great!  Keep doing them for now, it will definately help   8)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 09:37:08 AM by nope1 »

Offline metsn2005

• Bronze Member
Of course, all exercise is great. I have been doing basically the same as you, except I started riding my bike 9 miles weekdays about 2 months ago.. to and from school. (been too cold recently though). I stopped doing pushups because they made my gyne more prominent. People suggested pushups with your feet up on a chair or couch etc. Im giving those a go. If you think the reg pushups are making your gyne more noticable, maybe give those a try. Otherwise, sounds like a really good workout.

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
sure, you can work all muscles with dumbells.

bench press -- chest
curls  -- biceps
squats while holding  -- lets/butt
arm behind head lowering -- triceps
laying down reverse-butterflies -- back

there's tons of stuff you can do.  you're on the right track, bud....just switch it up every once in awhile.  and run fast, i'm convinced that running is the ONLY way to lose weight AND keep it off...but that's just me.

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
sure, you can work all muscles with dumbells.

bench press -- chest
laying down reverse-butterflies -- back

You can't do that without a weight bench, thats why I asked if he had one.

Besides, you're still missing a lot of muscles...just because you do reverse butterflies, doesn't mean you're back is done...the back has 4 major areas on its own
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 10:53:38 AM by nope1 »

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
i misread...htought you meant he shoudl buy a bench with a set of weights

that was just the tip of the iceberg....you can do shoulder presses with dumbells that work both your shoulders and back,  and dips by putting your hands and feet on chairs opposite each other....if i listed everything i'd get fired for using too much company time on here!  ;D

Offline Fat_boy_blue

Somebody I know was able to get rid of his breasts by exercise.  He bought an air bike which also has push bars.  Grips are horizontal.  He said he used to do it at light resistance, moderate speed 40 minutes a day, and within 6 weeks his chest became flat!  I bought the same bike and am gonna try it too!

Offline zjab58

• Gold Member
  • Edging dangerously close to sanity.
I would at least suggest going longer than 15 minutes on your cardio. I would say up to 30 minutes but at least 20 and then work ytour way up. Your body doesn't reach into it's fat reserves until approximately 20 minutes into a cardio workout. with 15 minutes all you are using is what is already energy in your body ready to be used.
I disagree with fleetwd about running fast though. You want your heartrate to be around 65% of max in order to burn fat. Around 85% it burns carbs. In between is where you will get best results. And you could even change pace a couple of times in the workout to get an even better mix. You want to be breathing hard but not so much that you are out of breath. Keep up the good work and have hope.

Offline wuggy

If you want to lose weight, try doing circuit training. I have lost weight this way:

1. Cross-trainer for 20 mins (70-85RPM), 5 mins cooldown

2. Bench press / dumb bells 2 sets flat, 2 sets inclined (good if you have gyne like me and turn those breasts to pectoral muscles)

3. The usual dumb bell exercises: for biceps, triceps, shoulders, back

4. Use some machines for your legs if you want

5. Treadmill: 2 min brisk walking, 6 min sprint/fast jog, 2 min cooldown

6. Do 2, 3, 4 again

7 Treadmill: 2 min brisk walking, 15 min fast jog, 2 min cooldown

Do this for like 3 times a week. I've been doing it for about 3 months now. My gyne doesn't look too bad under a shirt as my chest is starting to form. When I take them out, though it's still kinda shows. I'll see if there are improvements after a year or two. If now then I'll consider surgery...but from the looks of it I might just pull it off on workouts!! No pain no gain! Increase your weights every few weeks.

Good luck!

Offline I-Hate-Gyno

• Bronze Member
  • I am getting PEC's one day
am about 2 weeks into my workout.
Am doing about 100 situps and some other things like pushups and dumbells. After that i jog for 15 mins.

I eat about 7 portions of fruit a day, 3 portions of veg and about 3L to 3.5L of water a day.

Is this a good workout or should i try a different one?

Dude, why aren't you eating any protein? In addition, why are you eating so much fruits and not oats, brown rice and sweet potatoes etc :o. Also, it sounds like you are in a cutting phase and should avoid eating so much fruits(high in sugar and excess carbs). Which is bad for the waist line ;).

I-H-G
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 07:18:02 PM by I_Hate_gyno »
$1000 saved
$4500 needed for "freedom!"(vaio mb.).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024