Author Topic: A bit paranoid  (Read 2126 times)

Offline blissful0520

• Posting Member
I'm on my 2 weeks post op. I've had a liposuction done on my boobs. No glands extraction since my doctor told me its more of fat tissue. I was extracted 500cc of fats. During my first week, I was satisfied since my chest got flat however I've observed on my second week, it started to grow back again to its previous size   I dunno if its the scar tissue to bumping on my boobs and until now I dunno if its just the swelling because sometimes I can still feel the pain but tolerable.
Im a bit paranoid that it wont subside but there no more bruising.

I just want to know if this is just normal.....

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's not unusual to have swelling after gynecomastia surgery, and that takes weeks to months to resolve.  Without seeing pre- and post-operative photos, and without knowing exactly what was done, it' s hard to comment on your observations.  It's not clear if you had 500 cc of fat removed from each side or in total, and it's hard to know if the "500 cc" was total aspirate, some of which would be fat and some of which would be fluid that was injected (if "tumescent anesthesia" was used). 

If you had 500 cc of actual fat removed from each side, you should see a significant difference, and it shouldn't look like your pre-op appearance even if swelling is present.  If, on the other hand, total aspirate was 500 cc, half from each side, with a portion of it being fat, then a profound difference wouldn't be noticed, and swelling could easily mask the progress achieved by the operation.

I wouldn't be paranoid, if I were you, but you might want to ask your surgeon for more information to better understand what was done and what you can expect as a final result. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline blissful0520

• Posting Member
Thanks Dr. Silverman for the reply. I've had a liposuction done. 250 cc of actual fats were removed from each side. I'm just wondering why on the first week it was flat but now on its second week, its starting to have like a fats again that's why I'm a bit paranoid. I guess I'm still on my healing stage since I'm nearly on my post 3rd week.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Are you still wearing compression?

RS

Offline blissful0520

• Posting Member
Yes Doc, Im still wearing a compression vest. For how long would you recommend for me to wear the compression vest

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024