Author Topic: I dont know what to do  (Read 2226 times)

Offline sirlim

• Posting Member
Am 22 now living in Nairobi,Kenya my problem started when i was about 14.It is embarrassing to be in such a situation,i have never told it even to my friends,i have to wear a jacket even in hot weather.I went to school near the beach and on weekends i could swim with the rest coz i did not know how to explain it to them i just pretended i hate swimming.Am not over weight and i dont know what to do anymore,i cant do certain jobs to avoid embarrasment.I cant afford this costly surgery if there is anyone who can offer me help pliz get me out of this hell

Offline gyne_22

• Posting Member
I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm going through the same thing. I love swimming and I think its best especially on a hot day. Unfortunately its not possible for us people with this condition. I know its hard but you have to look at the ups in life. My suggestion for you is to just find a job even though its embarrassing. You have to live your life the right way. Go to school and hopefully find a career and pay for your surgery. Standing in nowhere and waiting for someone or something to help you wont do anything. Life is hard but a hard living life will bring you somewhere if you just go through its hardship trials. Look at it in a positive attitude. Good luck my friend

Offline Kvalhion

• Posting Member

Look into getting a compression vest for daily wear.  Once I started wearing a vest I became much happier.   I used to do the several shirts / jacket in hot weather thing and it wasn't fun.  Also always wore button down shirts with two pockets. Wearing a vest is a lot easier.. no one can tell there's any issue unless I were to take my shirt off.   They are not overly expensive, and you can even use a sports bra if you can't get a vest.

For swimming, I found a pair of swimming trunks that came with a swimming shirt.  I just wear the shirt whenever I go swimming.  They even sell compression swim vests that look like a normal wetsuit top.  No reason to avoid swimming altogether.

In the end you'll need to get to your goal weight and find a way to get surgery.  I'm sure it wont be easy but it will be worthwhile.  I am in the same boat where I need to save to get surgery.  In the meantime though I just use my vest and wear tshirts no problem. :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024