Author Topic: Surgery question: Possible to take whole mamary tissue out?  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Nad.ts

Hello,

I am 26 Years old, 5'10'' with 180lbs about 9% BF, really lean and muscular. Since i am 13 i have been dealing with Puffy nipples, very sensible and some times with lots of pain. I did Ultrason tests @ 20 years old witch gave me a bilateral Gynocomatia  as result. I took Tamoxifen at the time to try to take the sensibility out to avoid surgery, took it for one year and it never again bothered me. Since I always work out and i am very lean the gynocomastia never bothered me  esthetically. So for 3 years without tamoxifen the gynocomastia never bothered me again, it was there but no more puffiness, sensibility and pain. 2 years ago all of the sudden i felt big pains again on the gynocomastia and it started to have puffiness and sensibility again. I tested my hormones and everything came normal, specially stradiol wich came 25pg  normal being under 43pg . So i took tamoxifen again but it didn't work, it only made it worse and the gyno just kept growing. So i went for Arimidex 1mg a day, lowered my stradiol levels to 9 pg ml and the puffiness kept on growing. So I stooped of course and started  looking for surgery , did ultrasons  and the gyno keeps growing slowly, even being lean now, when its puffy and sensible it really shows up, puffiness and sensibility comes for 1-2 weeks and then stops for maybe 2-4 weeks and then it comes again. But every time it happens it gets bigger.  Beware that i have never taken steroids, Pro hormones and etc.

So i finally decided to take surgery and went to lots of plastic surgeons on Rio de Janeiro ( I am from Brasil)  but there is one thing that is holding me back from deciding witch one should i Choose. Some doctors tell me they will take 100% of the gland out so it doesn't grow back, but some others are telling me that it's impossible to take the whole gland out and that they have to leave  some tissue so that the nipple gets blood flow and that my chest looks perfect esthetically.

My question is witch doctor is telling me the truth?? is it possible to take 100% of the gland together with the small liposuction ( i dont have much fat ) and the nipple will look perfect or to have a perfect esthetically nipple i have to leave some gland??

Leaving mamary gland tissue worries me a lot since my gland probably has some kind of mutation tat it makes resistant to even the strongest AIs, and i am worried that if the doctor leaves gland tissue that will eventually grow again. But if taking 100% of the gland out leaves me with an uglly chest then i prefer to have some gland tissue left.

I am going to spend a lot of money on the surgery and i really would like the doctor to take 100% of the gland out.  Some tell me they will do it and will look perfect, others tell me that they have to leave some gland tissue and that any doctor that says he is going to take out everything is lying or will darn up my esthetics.   

I really need the help from the doctors here to give me a light if its possible to take everything out without messing up esthetics or not so that i can decide the right doctor based on that.

Best regards,
Dan

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
There is always a little bit of gland left behind under the nipple/areola.  It is impossible to remove completely without removing the nipple.  The amount left behind varies, and in leaner individuals, a thinner remnant can be left behind.  The tissue which remains could be stimulated by steroids or pro-hormones, so you'd be best to avoid those things completely.  Also, you should avoid supplements listing "proprietary blend" of anything on the label, since that just allows them to put just about anything into the mix.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com