Author Topic: how quick can i go back to work (construction worker)  (Read 2421 times)

sandokan

Hello everyone, i'm having surgery done soon. Im a construction worker, so im in very good shape. Low bodyfat and i dont have alot of gland/tissue to take out, so im hoping my recovery will be quick.

It turns out i will only have 2 1/2 weeks (17 days to be exact) before i need to go back to work. I originally figured i would have more recovery time available.

Is this sufficient time for recovery? my work involves manual labour and i can try my best not to over do it.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I generally request that my patients refrain from strenuous exercise or work for about four weeks -- others docs have slightly different regimens.  Certainly it is best to give your body the longest time possible to heal -- why rush back to a situation in which you could possibly jeopardize the results of the operation?

Best to discuss this with your own surgeon -- he knows what was done and might clear you -- or not.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Depending on what sort of work you have to do, you may be fine with 2 1/2 weeks off before you go back to work, but if you have to do a lot with your arms over your head, or a lot of pushing and pulling that might impact your chest area, it may be difficult for you to tolerate the activity. Your body is a good guide as you recover and re-engage in certain activities, and the best thing to do is avoid maneuvers that are painful.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

sandokan

Thanx for the advice. I will take an extra week off to be safe.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024