Author Topic: My story after all these years/ update/02/03/18 back surgery yesterday  (Read 69041 times)

hammer

As many of you have all lived with gyne as kids all the way to adults, I have too. I have been able to ignore all the comments through the years somehow, or giving the fact that most guys were afraid of me they never said anything. In the service the comments got worse, however, I was still able to brush them off.

Sometime after my number 2 child was killed in an accident (late 80's) the moobs started to bother me some but the wife thought it was the way I was dealing with the death, but time had passed and my faith helped with that grief.

A few years later, (early 90's) she was due with number 5! We decided that 5 was enough so I would get a vasectomy. A couple years later I started to have very bad pain in the groin area. After about 6 months of doctoring going through pain clinic it was thought that I had testicle cancer! It was checked with ultra sound and MRI and then removed. It was not cancer, however it was dead and rotten. The other continued to hurt and the doctoring continued for almost another year. During that year it was discover that I was Diabetic and probably had been for at least 20 years, as I have a blood disorder that makes diabetes undetectable with the A1c test.

A blood test was done to check hormone levels. I was told that most woman have a higher T level then I did, so the other testicle was dead and should be removed. And it was!

During all this time my breast were getting bigger and hurting all the time. Trying to find a doctor that didn't think I or my wife was crazy was tough. we did got help at our university hospital. Now my endo is now my primary doctor, and has been for many years.

The doctors thoughts on my testicles going bad was either the many years of untreated diabetes or my auto immune system attacking them as they no longer worked as they did before. I also have thyroid problems is why they think this may be possible.

As time passed I would hide my feeling about my big DD's so no one knew about my shame except when it came to going swimming. I quit swimming and my younger kids (daughters) and wife would tell me "who cares", "we love you"! But no go, no swimming for me. Over the years I would think about a bra to support them and the wife and daughters even supported that idea, but I soon let the idea go for fear of being caught.

during all this time my health would take my mind of my moods for other issues. heart attack at 37, required to go on disability at 40. Both knees replaced later down the road, and major back surgery in 2009. With all this the last nearly 14 years I have not given much thought to the DD's!

They did begin to bother me again a while back. I said some things to my wife. She said you haven't said anything in a long time, they'r not that bad. When I wrapped two hands around one boob and had a lot still hanging out, and  my hands not touching, she said OMG they are huge!

I am coming to terms with having big boobs. At almost 54 years old and having going through plenty of other things (to me were a lot worse then moobs) I have come to accept them. What I am working on is accepting the use of support for them, at home and in public. Both my wife and I feel acceptance for us is better, more surgery's are out of the question. It really is great to have a wife that cares about your over all health and well being then how big your boobs are, and if you need or wear a bra or not.

Thanks to all that post here! It has been very helpful to know that one is not alone with this problem!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:51:05 PM by hammer »

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Wow Hammer, you and your family have been through hell and back.  I'm so sorry about your 2nd child...I can't even begin to imagine how difficult that must have been for you and your wife.  It sounds though, that over the years you have overcome many things, and have also managed to come to terms with your body. Having a very supporting family to back you up sure does help.  That's a great feeling isn't it?  I didn't say anything about my moobs to my wife for 12 years.  She would always ask me, is something bothering you? What's wrong?  She could tell something was, but I was always too ashamed to say anything.  I could tell I was in a depression because of it, so I decided to take control and talk to her one night while we lay together in bed.  Like your wife, my wife was incredibly supportive!  I was so relieved to get that "off my chest" so to speak, and have felt so much better ever since.  She suggested that we should look into surgery if it will make me feel better about myself.  With the green light, it was all go from then on.  I've booked my surgery for the 12th of January (call it a 38th birthday gift to myself!).  Now, surgery or not, my wife would be, and always has been terrifically supportive.  This decision was mine alone.  Your decision to accept your chest is perhaps even braver than the choice to have them removed.  Much respect to you Hammer, you've been through enough in your life.  You had mentioned about some type of support for them to ease discomfort.  Have you ever thought of a compression shirt?  (Under Armour) Not the type the doctors use, but one available at a sports store.  They look like a typical undershirt, and cost about the same as a bra.  You wouldn't have to worry about "getting caught" with something like that.  I would imagine it would be the equivalent to a women's sports bra?  Maybe worth checking in to.  Cheers!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Hammer,

I also have a pair of DD breasts.  Having a 52 inch chest makes them look comparatively smaller.  I too have gone with acceptance after a life of ill health and not being a good surgical candidate and having no money and a whole lot more that I would have done first if I were going the surgical route.m  My route to acceptance was different from yours.  I became a nudist and got rid of the whole body shame business.  I swim often and am in no way restricted by having these breasts.  Good luck.

hammer

Thanks to both of you for the kind words! I have posted in another area that I used Linda the bra lady's calculator and it said that I needed a 46H! But I find that with the "teardrop" shape the DD cup works just find. With a size like that, one must except it or go nuts trying to hide them. They just don't hide very well unless you want to wear a bullet proof vest. I will tell you, they are worse then bras in the summer.

I have always been a very strong man in many ways. Physically, emotionally and spiritually. It was my faith that got me through all the rough times. when it came to the big boobs, that was a roller-coaster for me. An emotional roller-coaster that is. There were times it would bother the hell out of me, and I said nothing and other times I would open up with my wife about it.

The funny thing about this all, I am like an open book! Even about medical stuff like losing the testicles.  I say anything I want, I am not politically correct, and I don't care if anyone hears what I have to say what about anything when I am voicing my opinion about what I have to say! That is how I got the nick name of Hammer, what I say goes, I would always get the job done, kick ass, take names. Except when it came to the boobs!

Being that I am a diabetic surgeries are not the first thing that one wants to do. That being said, I have had very good luck with the ones that I have had, however, I had to have them to improve my quality of life. Insurance also covered the cost. I can't even imagine the amount of surgery it would take to redo my chest and properly place the nipples with as large as they are or could I even justify spending the money to do that. I can understand a young man just starting out wanting to fix this, but at my age, I no longer care about it.

I do wish I could have found this group a long time ago as it has been very helpful! To say that one is not alone is an understatement. I started to read all the post at least a month as a guest before joining and continued to read and reread after joining and posting. To understand as much as I could about the other posters and see how they were accepting or handling their boobs and how I fit in to this all.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:40:44 PM by hammer »

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Well all I can say is that you are definitely among friends here Hammer.  No judgements, only acceptance.  It's why I joined, and feel compelled to post here.  Being able to connect with others going through the same thing makes dealing with it a lot easier, whether you are planning surgery or not.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Wow, what a story.  I can't imagine going thru so much.  You are among friends for sure.

The feelings of not caring about breasts vs being freaked out about them, I can really relate to that.  Sometimes I don't really care, others I obsess about what to do to hide them.

hammer

Well Bman, my friend, it is time that we all band together as brothers and friends, with a vary command problem, but so misunderstood and unknown. Whether you plan to have surgery to correct or plan to just try to hide it, or even choose to accept it and try be comfortable as some of us wearing a bra, we need to educate the general public!

Start with family, friends and we will move on, but no matter how hard we try to educate people we must be prepared for skeptics and name calling and of coarse the strange looks, but remember it is their problem, not ours. A bra is to support breast, whether the breast is on a man or a woman.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Nail on the head, no better way to say it!

...but remember it is their problem, not ours. A bra is to support breast, whether the breast is on a man or a woman.

Offline Magnisx

Wow, what a story.  I can't imagine going thru so much.  You are among friends for sure.

hammer

I added photos! It was not easy to do, as you can see I am not small by no means! This is why belly bands and tight shirts do not work for me.

I decided to post the pictures after seeing so many others post theirs. I know that mine are a very extreme example of gynecomastia because my testicles had died about 2 years before I even know they did and I had gyne before that. My hormones were very messed up.

The bra in the picture is a Just My Size 18372JB (1107 store number) 52DD front hook wire free.

Who wins the wet t-shirt contest? LOL
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:20:59 AM by hammer »

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Thanks for posting your pics Hammer.  I know it's not easy, but we're all here to support one another!  I have a question about the hormones since you had lost your testicles acouple of years ago.  Did they have to put you on any hormone replacement therapy to re regulate your out of whack hormone production?  If so, would you say that the extra boost in testosterone has had any effect on your chest size?  The lack of testosterone would certainly not have helped you out, so I wondered if you are now getting the testosterone your body needed, and if it shrank the gyne at all.

hammer

Thanks for posting your pics Hammer.  I know it's not easy, but we're all here to support one another!  I have a question about the hormones since you had lost your testicles acouple of years ago.  Did they have to put you on any hormone replacement therapy to re regulate your out of whack hormone production?  If so, would you say that the extra boost in testosterone has had any effect on your chest size?  The lack of testosterone would certainly not have helped you out, so I wondered if you are now getting the testosterone your body needed, and if it shrank the gyne at all.

So it has been more than a few years ago. The changes that happened during the two years that I didn't know the testicles were died and seeing doctors for the pain, increased the size of the gyne or chest  was all blamed on the lost of testosterone, during that two year period. The most part of the early growth was done and I was about a good "C" cup then. not even thinking about the little ones that I had for years prior to this all happening.

I tried hormone replacement, but I had side effects from that. I would have orgasms without erections at anytime. So, my wife and I decided not to take the replacement. I know some people might think that would be alright to have an orgasm at anytime anyplace, but it isn't when you have to live with it!

I guess I cant say if testosterone had any effect on the chest. the short time I did take it didn't show any good signs!

Now fast forward a few more years. As I wrote in my story, had heart trouble at 37, both knees replaced, and nine hours of back surgery on 09 and still have some back trouble. Oh ya the boobs still did grow some more! I will turn 54 in a couple days, and have been on disability now for almost 14 years. So, I guess if I have to bundle the boobies up in a bra, so be it.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Man!  You just can't catch a break!  I've never heard of a side effect to testosterone like you describe, thats really odd.  An uncle of mine was on it, and it seemed to help him greatly.  Too bad it didn't work out for you, but seems to me that you've managed to rise above it all anyways.  Tough journey is an understatement of your life my friend.  Not many people would be able to take all that and keep going.  Cudos to you!  Not that I'm a religious nut or anything, but I guess the saying is true, "the Lord only gives you as much as you can handle".  Amen to that!

hammer

Thanks brother! but I am here to tell you that, it is nothing but faith and family that can carry you through this all!

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
Thanks brother! but I am here to tell you that, it is nothing but faith and family that can carry you through this all!

You're inspiring, hammer. I'm only 16, but my gyne has gotten in the way so many times. I don't have the money or the time to get the surgery, so I have to wait. I wish I could have half the strength and patience you've had. Keep it up, and thanks!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024