Author Topic: i'm a 16 year old teengers who has had gyno for 4years now ! help plz !!!!!  (Read 2625 times)

Offline jayjaycorleone

OK so I'm a 16year old teenager and i have gynecomastia ! by the way i live in Belgium so don't be shocked if my way of speaking is a bit weird ! OK , i weight 93kg (kilos ) and my height is 183 cm   (or 1.83 m). i started to notice it when i was 12 . i tried to lose weight and i did at some point but the "man breast" didn't go away at all and they kept the same size. some say that it'll go away at the end of puberty but i don't think it will because i did my research and it is said that gyno could be due to testicular cancer, and since i have a small penis for a 16 year old and my testicles hurt very often , I'm a bit worried . can anyone help me plz ??? seriously i need help because even if it's true that it'll go away when I'm an adult , i don't wanna go through my teenage years hiding in lots of layers of clothes , not being able to do anything , especially in the summer !

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Gynecomastia that occurs during puberty resolves within three years in about 95% of patients.  So depending on when the condition started for you, if it's been present for longer than three years, it may never resolve without surgery.  The best thing for you to do to be sure there's nothing else causing the condition (which is unlikely but not unheard of) would be to see a physician to examine and evaluate you.  Once you've established that you have no particular health issue causing the gynecomastia, then you could see a plastic surgeon to consider correction, since it sounds like you're coming up on four years since it started.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com