Author Topic: Post op issues (Pics)  (Read 1572 times)

Offline kylearruda

Hello all,

I've been reading this forum for a few months now- it's an amazing little support system you all have. I love it.

I had surgery on Friday- April 13th. To my knowledge, everything went great! I was out of the hospital, squeezed in my compression vest, and laying in bed when I noticed that my right side is a little bigger than my left. I honestly wasn't worried about it at all, seeing as the healing on both sides of the chest are going to differ a little.

When Sunday came, I slowly took my vest off to shower and saw that I had some fairly heavy bruising- which again didn't worry me. What I did notice, however was that the bruising was mainly on my side under my arm, and all around the breast. The bruising seemed to take the shape of the vest.

Monday afternoon, I noticed the smallest little bruise on my lower abdomen, and thought nothing of it- I actually figured my vest was too tight and caused the bruising. However, when I saw it a few hours later, it was significantly larger and very swollen. I went to bed and woke up just a bit ago to see that the swelling has spread all around my side.

I'm starting to get a little worried with this, so I did a little research and came up with the possibility of a hematoma. I E-Mailed my surgeon right away (too late to call), but I figured I'd poke around here for some insight as well. The bruise/swelling is fairly firm and doesn't feel too pleasurable when touched. I've attached some pictures for you all to see.
I'd love to hear for thoughts!  :)

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
The bruising around the surgical site is typical.The lower abdominal area may bruise but it looks a bit like an abrasion.Was anything rubbing against the area?
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024