Author Topic: 8 Weeks Post Op ?'s for the Docs  (Read 3138 times)

Offline BIGINNJ

• Posting Member
Finally had the surgery done 8 weeks ago which consisted of the excision of the gland. Just Almost 3 years ago I attempted to make it look a little better with "smart lipo", but it didn't change the appearance of it at all and that is why I chose to have it removed.

So I think I did everything right. I wore a wrap (not a vest) for 2 weeks this time and then went to a compression shirt for another week. Doctor told me it was no longer necessary and I stopped. I did nothing for almost 6 weeks and have been back in the gym since and feel fine.

Both nipples were swollen for a while but the left one has gone down substantially and looks great. I also never really had a problem with this one to begin with but decided to have the tissue behind removed because it was large, but didn't make my nipple puffy.

Now for the right nipple! Definitely looks better than before, but is still puffy and when I flex my chest you can still see how it sticks out. There is a hard lump that is behind the nipple that is very large, almost the same size as it were prior to surgery, and goes towards the center line of my body, this causing my nipple to protrude and point outward.

I am an avid natural bodybuilder for the past 10 years and this causes me great concern and it's all I think about. No matter how good of shape I get in this is all I can seem to focus on. My doctor said he removed all that he saw, other than a little bit behind the nipple and he feels it will heal fine (3 week post op appointment). He mentioned a Kennalog shot.

I know I need to let it heal and its early, but why the one that was a lot more swollen heal up already and this once still be large? Do you see a lot of change after 2 months?

Offline BIGINNJ

• Posting Member
I know its a long post but come on!! Not one response??

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
As you mentioned its a bit early.It is also tough to know exactly what is going on in that there is a difference between the two sides You mentioned that one side was more swollen but that has resolved. There could be some scarring below the nipple causing it to contract.Why don't you send a photo.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's normal for the tissue under the areola to swell after the procedure, and in very mild cases, that swelling may look similar to the pre-op appearance.  It may increase over the first 4 - 8 weeks, and then usually starts to settle down after that point.  If it doesn't, then many of us will inject Kenlog to help it along. 

You are still too early to say what's going on, but it should get better.  I can imagine your frustration at this point, particularly if you compete, since the presence of gynecomastia is presumed to be the result of steroid use among bodybuilders.  But it should continue to improve, though you may not see much change before 6 - 8 weeks, and then it's slow after that.  Photos can be helpful to show us what you mean.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline BIGINNJ

• Posting Member
Thanks Docs. Rick-I actually called your office earlier this week because I was curious about pricing regarding corrective surgery if it didn't work out the way I wanted it-crazy, I know, but I'm anal and its just an eye sore when you're lean elsewhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the breast tissue grows towards the center line of the chest correct? The majority of my right nipple's breast tissue, pics will follow tomorrow morning when it's the puffiest, grew towards the inner part of my chest. It was a significant amount and made he nipple point down, and away from the body. I still feel a large lump in this area and wonder what it is?? Could it be scar tissue or did he not remove enough of the gland?? 

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Actually, breast tissue extends toward the armpit, rather than toward the midline.  A lump at this point can be related to swelling, scar tissue formation, or it can be related to excess tissue left behind.  Only time will tell. 

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024