Author Topic: My experince with surgery and life after  (Read 5819 times)

Offline Andy420

• Posting Member
So I just got surgery today and seeing as how I can't do too many activities I thought it would be a good idea to document my experience so others may learn and understand the process.

Background:

I developed gyno following puberty around 12-13 and man did it drive me crazy. I've been working out and eating right for the last 10 years in hopes of fixing my chest contour to no avail. Finally I did some research and discovered what this condition is and how it can be fixed. Here are some of the before pictures.

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
I have a case similar to yours. Hit the gym for years, im in great shape, but nothing ever helped with it. Having surgery on wed. Finally! Did you do yours under a local or general anesthetic.

Offline Andy420

• Posting Member
Surgery/Day 1:
So I scheduled surgery and talked to my parents about it, although I told them what I was thinking I didn't tell them I already made up my mind and was going through with it. Needless to say they weren't very supportive, but I obviously I had to tell them the day off :(. One of my biggest regrets, regardless if your family supports you or not you need to tell them your doing it.

Anyways before the surgery I was told to not take any whey protein, drink or smoke (don't do anyways)2 weeks prior. Additionally I was told to take 500mg of Vitamin C everyday for 2 weeks before the surgery. The surgery consisted of lipo and direct excursion under general anesthetics for about 3.2k, a friend had recommended this particular surgeon so I was comfortable. It was definitely awkward sitting in the waiting room with mostly women there to get boob jobs or lipo, but It was necessary.

My surgery was scheduled for 9am, I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything after midnight the night before. I wasn't so much hungry as I was thirsty that morning. When I was called, the nurse had me change into gown and hooked up to an IV drip. Minutes later she started the antibiotic drip which really upsets an empty stomach, no matter this was only a few minutes of comfort. After the nurse was done the PS and anesthesiologist came in, the PS marked over my chest while the other had me sign some paper work. Although the paperwork is standard procedure its a reminder of everything that can go wrong, which is a little bit scary. Finally I was taken into the operating room and all I remember is watching the PS ready some local anesthetics. I woke up less than an hour later, it took a while for me to compose myself. I didn't even notice at the time but somehow i was already dressed when I woke.

I woke up with the compression garment on, now this garment comes mid stomach which isn't as concealing as other garments which are just vest (coming to the waist). For the first seven days I am to wear an additional foam layer which is just two pieces of foam an inch thick. The foam adds extra compression the first few days so I don't have any issues with it. Sleeping that first night was major pain, the vest was too tight and uncomfortable but I left it alone thinking it was for the best.

Throughout the day I took antibiotics (4 pills) and then I was given 2 pills/day for 3 days to help with the pain. At first you feel no pain as the effects of the local anesthesia are still lingering. After that wears out expect mild to moderate pain around the nipple and sides. One thing to note is its very difficult for me to put on a shirt since lifting my arms straight up causes discomfort. 

Offline Andy420

• Posting Member
I have a case similar to yours. Hit the gym for years, im in great shape, but nothing ever helped with it. Having surgery on wed. Finally! Did you do yours under a local or general anesthetic.

General, and for me the idea of being knocked out scares the hell out of me but the process was very smooth. Hope this helps and if you have any specific questions I'm glad to help.

Offline Andy420

• Posting Member

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member

Offline Andy420

• Posting Member
Day 4:

Its been 4 days since surgery, overall things seem to be progressing. For everyone considering this procedure do keep in mind the recovery process is long and can be unpleasant at times. On day 3 I finally showered, and the results are really impressive better than what I was hoping. Now the only thing that bothers me is how my scars will appear later down the road, right now I can still see the stitches I'm hoping they dissolve soon. Does anyone have any experience with how long until stitches start to dissolve?

There is one thing worth sharing with everyone, the foam and vest can get a little irritating on the skin. For the past 2 days my chest has been itching intensely. I called my doctor and he recommended I wear a cotton shirt under the vest and foam to prevent irritation. So now at home I'm wearing a cotton undershirt and it seems to do the trick. I also ordered a second vest from underworks 980 and will let you guys know how the vest is when I get it. Having two vests is to your benefit as its easier to wear one vest while the other is being cleaned.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024