Author Topic: Hey guys, new here  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Heed

I am 19 years old... I am going to be 20 in a few days.

I have not been diagnosed with gyn but I believe I have it.  Here is why I believe I have it.

1. When I was around 15 years old my pediatrician did mention that I had some breat tissue development and said that it should go away in a few years but if it didn't or I felt bad about it, I could get surgery.  Well, the tissue never went down.  I do have a gut but I am about average weight for my height.  I am 6'3" and about 196 lbs.  I have seen guys fatter then me and have smaller breasts.

2.  My nipples are puffy and I can feel the hard lump of tissues right under them.  Usually when I go swimming they go down to what looks like normal size.  It actually seems then my chest size as a while goes down when I am swiming.  I took my shirt off and went swimming ina  river the other day, and it was so cold, that my chest looks somewhat normal.

My parents don't seem to understand.  My mom keep saying, "Just excercise and it will leave"  What she doesn't understand it that I have been doing pushups and such and I have muscle under the fat and other tissue.  They don't even know about this condition though.

I myself just found out about Gyno yesterday.  I was curious about my chest and knew there had to be more like me so I used AltaVista and typed in "Breast tissue in men" and found out about this.  I seem to have all the symptoms.

I would love to get rid of this but I really do not have that kind of money for surgery.  My chest is the ony part of my body I feel uncomfortable about.  I went through much self hatred as a young teenager, not just because of this condtion, but other things.  I finally am learning to accept myself the way God made me.  I just am not totally confident about my chest.

Anyway, does anyone know anything about non-surgical solutions?  Any help with that would help..

Thanks for reading

Offline heartbrokenmom

• Posting Member
Have you shown your mother this site?   My son told me about having gyne and then told me to go to this site.  This site has been valuable to me.  It has helped me understand what gyne is and what it does to my son and others.  Some of his behavior in the past I was "clueless" about until I read this site.  Perhaps you could start with your Mom.  I never new about gyne till my son told me about it.  I hate to say it, I was totally ignorant.

Good Luck!  You should try to tell your Mom or Dad what this is doing to you.   My son has lost alot of weight and is exercising to see if this will help the gyne.  Deep down, it won't get rid of it entirely.  He will have to have the surgery.  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 04:48:46 PM by heartbrokenmom »

Offline abaz

• Bronze Member
im 6'3, 230lbs bro, and im 18. we're both big guys and i know what you mean. most ppl are heights are twigs, but girls consider us teddy bears  8)

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
dude. you gotta think about surgery with an open mind.. you know, when i first found out about gyne, it was at www.plasticsurgery4u.com

so i was all like "ah damn.. plastic surgery is so shallow, and so fake, and so cosmetic" those were my impressions of plastic surgery wel.......for a long long time..

but then i started realizing that plastic surgery is not that shallow, and when i found this page and looked at the before/after results, i found people who faced problems JUST like me - and they were finally emancipated of this....horrible curse.

heh. okay, i may have stretched it a bit with the "horrible curse" but hey, i went through a lot of sh!t in middle school regarding gyne..

give surgery another thought. i know its expensive, but consider it as an investment for the rest of your life. what is $4,000 if it'll give you a new begining for the rest of your life.. you're gonna make that back in 1-2 summers, so think about it..

there aren't too many non-surgical methods, except for losing a ton of weight. but remember, you may be able to shed the fat - but the glandular tissue & puffy nips.. well there isn't much you can do about it..

take it from a guy who was anorexic at one point of time because of gyne.. i was stick thin but because of my chest i continued to diet.. i am surprized that i didn't shatter.. i was literally a skelleton.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024