Author Topic: Urgent : Suggestion required, before going through Surgery!  (Read 1967 times)

Offline bright_horizon

• Posting Member
Hi,

I have finally decided to go under the knife after all these years of stressful and shackled life. The anomaly manifested for the first time when I was 17 and I have been living a curtailed life since then, I am 28 now.
My Case : I have a big lump protruding out from my right chest which makes it uneven. Until recently (7-8 months back) the left side looked ok but suddenly it also has started to raise its head and developing quiet rapidly. I now have puffy nipples on my left side as well. I also feel sensation in my right chest as if something is building underneath.
After resorting to strict work out and cautious diets, and apparently nothing has helped, I decide to go for the last resort..Surgery! I have picked Dr Sandip Jain(Mumbai, India) as I have found his reviews to be well acceptable. I had requested price quote online by uploading my pics. He gave me an estimate of 80,000 Rs inclusive of stay and suggested that I have severe Gynocomastia which required Gland removal/ lipo and Skin tightening. I am little skeptical  about skin tightening and would like to know if it is safe and are there any side effects? Kindly provide your valuable feedback!
Attaching my pics as well.

Waiting for your much required suggestions and support to sail through this!
Keeping my fingres Crossed!!!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Without actually examining you, it's difficult to say definitively, but based on the photos, I would do liposuction and glandular resection, but not do skin removal initially.  In similar cases, I have found that the areola shrinks adequately, and that the skin tightens adequately, alleviating the need for a periareolar scar and the associated risk of doing that in a single procedure.  If, after six months to a year, the skin has not tightened enough or the areola remains larger than desired, skin tightening can be done under local anesthesia.  In my practice, from a cost perspective, it's essentially the same, since I do that in my office.

Good luck with your procedure.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline bright_horizon

• Posting Member
Hi Doc,

I have come across with another type of Gynocomastia surgery which is called as Key Hole Surgery. After your advise I now have dropped the notion of going through skin tightening which was suggested by my Doctor. Below is the link that gives more info regarding Key Hole Surgery :
http-//www-malebreastsurgeryindia-com/gynecomastia-surgery.html
Kindly suggest if this kind of surgery would help in my case??

Many Thanks!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors

Offline bright_horizon

• Posting Member
http#//www*malebreastsurgeryindia*com/gynecomastia-surgery.html

Well its not allowing me to paste the link here. So please replace # by : and * by .

Thanks!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
He may use a cutting cannula.  I think Dr. Jacobs uses such an instrument, so he may be able to comment better than I.  I make a very short incision along the edge of the areola, as I frequently find that the glandular tissue in gynecomastia from steroid use is very difficult to address in any way other than direct excision. The keyhole approach may work for other types of gynecomastia. 

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024