Author Topic: i just backed from hospital and my surgery done.. pls answer me  (Read 2871 times)

Offline zlu4000

• Posting Member
i got my surgery but im afriad that it's not the results i hope  :-\

i have some questions for u pls answer it

1- doctor took my chest pics before the surgery  with his camera,, it's is ok ? or he has not right to do that ?

2 - he told me,, that my chest became flat now,,, but i dont know if if i belive him or not,,, becase i feel nt chest is big,, with the vest and alot of cooton under -- i can't see  how my chest is look like,,

3- he told me he not sure about the nipple shape,, because it's get bigger abd smaller eachtime,,, so sholdn't he fic it and make it perfect ? he is doctor and know.. what if i decided to take my shirt off ? flat is not enough should have nice  nipple aswell

4- he asked me to keep put the vest on me.. but it's so tight abd bother me,, i will go to his clinc next week to change the cotton and see the result.. im woory

hope it will be fine

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Taking the pictures for comparison reasons is something the doctors might do that does not need your permission. Using those pictures later for promotional purposes would require your permission.

He was probably correct that your chest is now flat. That is what the eventual outcome will also be. It is not uncommon at this point for there to be a significant amount of swelling. This will take some time to be reabsorbed and you may not get to see the final result for a few months. Each of us heals a bit differently so you could see the final result in a few weeks or it could take nearly a year.

You want the nipples to be perfect. OK, define perfect. Did you mean normal? I would assert that for almost a third of the male population enlarged breasts are normal. I think you actually meant that you wanted them to be smaller. I would guess that they will be.

You are tempted to remove the compression garment for a peek. Don't do it! If he said to leave the garment "on" then you should follow directions.

For the benefit of those with surgery in their future, I would point out that all the questions you have here should have been asked before the surgery, not after. And, the questions should have been addressed to your surgeon.

Whenever I go to see a Doctor, I prepare a brief list of questions and concerns. I give the list to the person who sets me up in the exam room. I always get good answers and I cannot recall a single time when this upset any Doctor. The biggest payoff is that I do not forget to ask, or say, something important.
Grandpa Dan

Offline zlu4000

• Posting Member
thx 4 reply me
 maybe im sad  because i really want to see quick results.. ???
i waited all my life,, and not i must wait soem weeks or months with this vest to see my chest better...

Offline NO83

• Posting Member
be patient!  I didn't see my chest until 5 days after I had my operation because I was told to keep the vest on 24/7 and not shower until 24 hours after the drains were out.  It's important to listen to your doctor.

Offline zlu4000

• Posting Member
be patient!  I didn't see my chest until 5 days after I had my operation because I was told to keep the vest on 24/7 and not shower until 24 hours after the drains were out.  It's important to listen to your doctor.

yea .. nut he said my first shower will be after 1 week

and i will see my chest in his clinc after 1 week. i just woory about my first glance on the chest after 1 week

Offline BigFishHead

• Posting Member
hey man from my discussion today with my surgeon he told me swelling can take weeks and even months to go down.

apparently the compression is very important to the healing process so keep going
it will be worth it in the end

Offline The Dane

Hey there...

Had my surgery in June this year.. After the first week, the tubes for drainage were removed, and i have to say i was quite surprised by the two 'holes' in my chest. The nurse calmed my down saying that this was normal and everything looked fine. Trusting her words i went home, took my first real shower for a week (felt great haha) and then on with vest again. I was very worried that my chest wouldnt look normal, thinking he might have taken to much out but i think thats just normal. The nurse told me a year could pass before everything fell into place so i kept my cool and just followed the instructions given. A month after surgery i started working out again. In small doses though.

Now 3 months later i went for the final checkup and though my nipples still are a bit 'sunken in', my chest looks amazing. I do eat right and i go to the gym 4-5 times a week so that probably have something to do with it. When i mentioned the sunken in nipples the nurse said that if i was unhappy with it in 5 months time from now, i could have them done by the surgeon - free of charge. An offer i might take since it wasnt cheap having the surgery in the first place. Im not sure how i will look in 5 months time - except bigger due to the fitness - but are the nipples still looking as they do now, i will take them up on they offer.

But don't worry or freak out when you see them for the first time after the vest comes off :)
You gonna look great in a couple of months buddy !

I also found a new girlfriend and i have no problem taking my shirt off in front of her. THAT was when i knew i looked great. And that feeling was fantastic :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024