Author Topic: Found out today I only got excision, WHAT!!!  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
Doctor told me today he did no lipo and on excision at my first and only post op meeting 4 weeks after surgery, first thing I did when I got home was looked it up, and I'm very worried after reading that for a good surgery result, u need to have both excision and lipo.

and I read the only time where it might be ok is if u have low bf, and tbh i dont even have anything close to that, i was/still am pretty overight, with a huge belly, and a lot of fat throughout my body.

this was me pre op, these pictures were taken one yr b4 surgery where i was even 10 pounds lighter than b4 surgery.

3 days post op

now though 28 days post op, my nipples are back puffy (sticking out), scar tissue under nipples, fluid build up.

i understand that all those go away without time, and im fine with that, but my question is why the hell didnt my PS do lipo? it's not even like I have low bf.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Only your surgeon can explain his rationale for treatment without liposuction, but if that's how he does the procedure and he gets good results that way, then perhaps you're reacting too quickly.  Gynecomastia surgery has been performed in the past before liposuction was widely available, so the option of doing the surgery without suction IS an option.  Liposuction makes the procedure easier, I think, and I also feel that the results are more even.  But that doesn't mean it can't be done another way.  The photos you've posted look okay, so you may just have to give it time, and hopefully the long-term results will be satisfactory.  If not, perhaps your surgeon will do liposuction if revision is required.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
At this point I would recommend you wait for one month and see how everything looks.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024