Author Topic: I am 17 and have gynecomastia any advice please?  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
Ok i am 17 years old 1.80 Meters tall in height and 90 Kilogragms, and still losing the weight. It started with being puffy nipples at the age of 10-12-13 i shall say so? looking at my videos trying to find evidence.

I went to my local GP clinic and my doctor said its Gynecomasita, and since i told him that my dad had it too he said it may have a family relation. But at the end of the day he confirmed that it is Gynecomastia, so i guess no exercise will help at all? And the fact is that i am very anxious of having the Gynecomastia surgery when it is the only way out....

But when i found out that i can have the surgery under local anasthetic i was very suprised, i would prefer to have the surgery under local anasthesia if that is possible? because some doctors has been saying it is recommended to do it under general but i just dont want to go through the hassle of being knocked out and then waking up procedure, i have been watching some videos on Youtube and the doctors just perform the Gynecomasita surgery Incision+ Liposuction just like a walk in and walk out procedure.

I really dont need to talk about the amount of stress its giving me, no social life at all, depsite the fact i am 17 its just terrible, no words can explain, and i know theres worst after me but seriously i dont know how to explain my self.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Photos are always helpful,without photos I can only speak in generalities.I do not perform gynecomastia surgery under local typically.It is possible to perform the surgery under local but in my case it is done only two or three times a year.Socially it can be devastating I agree,the only solace I can provide is that gynecomastia is a correctable problem.Good luck and discuss possible treatment with your parents!
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
Photos are always helpful,without photos I can only speak in generalities.I do not perform gynecomastia surgery under local typically.It is possible to perform the surgery under local but in my case it is done only two or three times a year.Socially it can be devastating I agree,the only solace I can provide is that gynecomastia is a correctable problem.Good luck and discuss possible treatment with your parents!

I can certainly take pictures and upload if you would like?

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
17 YEARS OLD
1.80-81-82 METERS TALL IN HEGIHT
90 KILOGRAMS

IS THIS GYNO?
CAN IT BE TREATED UNDER LOCAL ANASTHESIA?
OR CAN IT BE CURED WITH EXERCISE ETC /NATURALLY/

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Based on your photos, correction with liposuction and excision in combination should improve the appearance of your chest, reducing the overall fullness, as well as reducing the size of the areola.  I used to do all of these procedures using conscious sedation and local anesthesia, but the key was the ability to give some sedation if needed to get the patient past any tough spots.  Now, I use general anesthesia for nearly all cases, as the previous arrangement saved the patients money, but the fees are the same now for general or sedation cases.  General anesthesia is very safe in young health men, so the anesthetic technique should be what allows your surgeon to get the best result in one operation.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery