Author Topic: Fluid buildup  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Gillgill02

I am one week post op and the left side on my chest is as flat as a pancake but the right side looks as big as it did  preop. Right after I woke up my right side looked a little bigger than my left but I assumed it was just more swollen because it hurt more. One week later and it is just as big as it was preop except for the puffy nipples. I know it's swollen but it feels like it is full of liquid and feels heavier. One side is small and one side is bigger which is really bothering me and preventing me from
 Walking in comfort because of the uneven weight. Is this fluid going to go away on its own? O
I have a postoperative meeting with my doctor in  2 and a half weeks but would like to know before then to ease my stress.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
You need to talk to your surgeon about this.  At just one week postop, you could certainly have blood or serum (the liquid part of blood without the red blood cells) collecting there.  You shouldn't wait until your scheduled appointment; call the surgeon's office tomorrow morning.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'll second that.  You should be seen before 2 1/2 weeks, as you may require treatment to remove the collection that's causing the swelling.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery