Author Topic: Revision - how long after first surgery?  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Xavier

• Bronze Member
I have a vertical scar of about 3-4 cm under my nipples because I needed skin reduction and nipple replacement. Before the surgery, the doctor told me the scars would be a trade off for a flatter and more firmer chest, but sadly this is not the case as of 6 weeks after surgery. The scars are not an issue for me because I could tattoo over it a few months after surgery, but the fact that it looks like I still have gland left bothers me.

I originally planned to have surgery in the US, but I live in Europe and I thought it would be too much of a hassle to have it done in the US, so I found one of the best PS's in my Country who has experience with gynecomastia surgery and paid about $3700 for the procedure. So you could understand I am quite disappointed right now. I know 6 weeks is still too early to see final results but I am almost sure there is tissue left. I am not sure how much can and will improve in the coming months. I've seen guys who had a similar procedure and looked 10x better than I do now at the 6 week mark.

For an example of what my case looked like, see this thread: gynecomastia.org/smf/1/best-decision-ever!-2-months-post-op-%28w-pics%29/msg164015/#msg164015

Those pictures are 8 weeks post op while I am at 6 weeks. I am not sure if much will change in 2 weeks but it seems he has way less tissue than me, and he also has a horizontal scar instead of a vertical scar, not sure if that makes a difference.

If you would like me to post my before and after pictures, I can post them.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
First, it would be helpful if you could post your own photos.  Have them taken by someone else if possible and include multiple views -- front, sides and 3/4 views.

Second, at six weeks it is much much too early to consider the possible need for revision.  And even if revision is needed, it would be advisable to wait at least six months or more before even considering it.

Keep your chin up and do not be too impatient -- things have a habit of improving spontaneously -- but it takes time.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I agree with Dr. Jacobs. Some photos would be helpful, but you're months and months away from any revision.  I recommend at least 6 months, and usually wait 9 months to a year. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Xavier

• Bronze Member
Gentlemen,

I have private messaged you both. Thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024