Author Topic: Do I have Gyno / Puffy Nipples... and what can I do?  (Read 3116 times)

Offline luciddaydream

I am quite sure I have a very mild case of gyno.

I am a skinny man, about 140, but I have bright pink puffy nipples.

If I feel my breasts, I definitely feel lumps, ranging from the size of a BB to the size of pea.

But what I dislike the most is the color and puffiness of my nipples.   These photos do not do perfect justice, as its a bit cold in the room I am taking the pics with.

But, when totally warm, my nipples are convex in shape and are quite pink.

I feel a bit crazy asking this -- but is there a way to darken my nipples and also get a puffy nipple reduction? Or would most surgeons turn me down?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
More often than not, puffy nipples are accompanied by some amount of excess tissue on the chest as well.  Thus, when I am confronted by puffy nipples, I evaluate the entire chest.

Here's the good news:  with appropriate surgery, the nipples should lie flat and flush with the surrounding skin.  Also, the diameter of the areola usually decreases (just like a circle on a deflating balloon).  And in your case, the pink color of the areolas should darken a few shades.  Why does this happen?  The pigment cells in the areolar skin actually move closer together as the areolar skin shrinks.  The closer the pigment cells are to each other, the darker the areolas will become.

If you go to my website photo gallery, and look specifically at the diameter and color of the areolas, you will see a consistent finding between the pre and post op photos:  the areolas will have decreased in diameter and their color will be slightly darker.

Do your homework and find an experienced gyne surgeon to do your operation.  And good luck to you!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline luciddaydream

Thanks Doc.

Since I do not have gyno at a very high level, would the surgery be as intense? Would it still require quite a long recovery with a chest compression vest and all that stuff?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Can't answer that question without examining you.  Many guys have more tissue than they actually realize -- only an exam can point that out.

As for wearing the garment -- I find that wearing it for a month, at a minimum, is best for all types of gyne and gyne related procedures.

Dr Jacobs

Offline luciddaydream

Thanks Dr Jacobs.

One last thing --- will the scarring be visible?  I can't seem to find any images of scarring...

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
When properly sutured, the incisions tend to heal so well that the resultant scars (with enough time for maturation) become virtually un-noticeable.

If you go to the photo gallery on my website, you will see an entire section on peri-areolar scars.  This will give you some idea of how scars heal in general -- but obviously there is no way to predict how your scars will heal.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024