Author Topic: Exercise and Gyne Devt  (Read 1942 times)

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
Hi, another q for the docs here.

I have posted here before fairly recently - normal T @ 18nmol/l, high normal E2 @ 130pmol/l, SHBG midrange, Albumin midrange, PRL midrange.

Not on any meds or supplements at this time, seeing my endo again in three weeks - his position is that there is nothing for him to treat.

Gyne is actively growing but slowly - my diet is good, broadly anti-estro with lots of citrus fruit and cruciferous veg etc.

I am getting lots of exercise 2 x 1k swim + 1 hour soccer or cycling + resistance train x 1 per week.

In actuality what I really want is to get to a point of stability with the gyne - since the diet and exercise will be maxing T and minimising E within my body's range for homoestasis I am wondering whether or not I would be better drinking beer and exercising less to get to a point of stability more quickly.

The reason for asking is the Gyne pain which is pretty bad and presents daily, Tamox did help this but again is just delaying the inevitable.

My liver tests have all come back fine as did the ultrasound although I do get more Gyne pain after beer (infrequent consumption) and I do have thread veins and a small number of spider naevi on my torso.

An advice gratefully received.
Thx!

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
Hi, Doctors.

Not looking for a diagnosis here just an opinion - it may well be that the answer is a "dont know - everyone is different".....

Had my stats done at the weekend by a personal trainer  - BMI = 22.8, Bodyfat 17% - I assume if I can stay close to these figures I am in OK shape for surgery?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.  Do you want to exercise less and drink more beer?  And you want to know if that's a good idea before undergoing surgery?  I would suggest less beer and more exercise to optimize a surgical outcome.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
Dr. Silverman,

I am trying to rationalise something that is probably not "rationalisable".

I assume that my body is creating the tissue due to an excess of estrogens compared to androgens -  I want to ge through this process as quickly as possible so I can get to the Surgery. So I am thinking that I may be slowing things down by attempting to reduce the level of E2 through diet and exercise and that maybe I might be better off not "fighting" the E2 in this way (pull back on the exercise and stop avoiding estrogenic food/drink etc.) and just let my body get to where it wants to go with the Gyne?

These are the ramblings of a chartered engineer and not a doctor so I may be talking complete cr*p btw!

Thanks for any advice - hope this makes sense.....

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
You're not likely to have much hormonal impact with what you're doing, but you'll gain body fat, which isn't a good idea.  Not healthy either. Your body will do what it's going to do.  I'm guessing that you're not a pubescent boy, so your hormone levels should be normal--or treated if not--before you have surgery. Otherwise, you risk recurrence.

RS

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
Dr. Silverman,
Thanks for the advice.

I will continue with my exercise regimen and healthy diet  - all my hormones are normal range although E2 is towards the top end of the range at 130pmol/l (range 10-150 at my local lab).

As such my endo sees nothing to treat so I am just waiting for the gyne to grow out, been 6 months now so I am hoping that sometime soon the sensitivity and growth will stop.....

I am 52 years old, 78kg and in perfect health except for a couple of cracked ribs I got last week playing soccer!

Thanks again.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024