Author Topic: Want answers from doctors please!!  (Read 1019 times)

Offline soontogo

• Posting Member
I know this question is very hard to answer. I am 182cm tall and weigh about 62kg, i will soon have my op. Are the risks big for scars or anything similar to that, i dont want it to get worse if you know what i mean. Again i know it's a hard question to answer but anyways...

Offline soontogo

• Posting Member
Or other people if you know anything or maybe have some kind of experience!! :) I wrote down my weight beacuse i'm wondering if i got better odds due to im not fat. I'm also pretty fit and have been working out alot and have okey musculatur around the chest area!!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Visible scars after gynecomastia surgery are uncommon with the most common approach, which would include a short incision along the edge of the areola and perhaps a very short (1/4") incision elsewhere--I make a second incision near the armpit, which is nearly impossible to find afterwards.  From your height and weight description, I would guess that your surgery would involve an approach of this nature.  So unless you are genetically predisposed to bad scars, I would guess you should be ok.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery